The Emporium luxury mall has a fascinating fourth floor. Not only is there a variety of special restaurants, many from the USA and Japan, but there is something called a Gourmet Market, which is the best on I've ever seen.
After having every meal in the Marriott Marquis M Club, I finally decided to eat out for lunch. Took the shuttle to the Emporium Luxury Mall to seek out an epicurean treat, and stumbled into Ippudo, which certainly looked familiar.
A mug of Asahi beer brought with it a free chicken dish. Also some marinated cucumber and pork ramen, which was spicy. It occurred to me that the spiciness came from the fermented fish intestine sauce so prevalent here. But the chicken add-on was fabulous. I then remembered where I last saw Ippudo. In Fukuoka.
Adjacent to this food court was that amazing Gourmet Market. Like I've never before seen any market with so much caviar variety, including the accoutrements.
The steak shelf had Miyazaki S5 wagyu beef and prime USDA rib eye. The latter cost $80/pound, while the former, $163/pound.
Sashimi and sushi:
They probably carried foie gras and truffles, for I saw Castello Blue Cheese. Scroll down to my first room meal from the Gourmet Market.
Difficult to comprehend, but the ten-minute walk back to the hotel sometimes takes 15 minutes and more for the shuttle. While I'd been in the near 100 F hot sun for part of the walking journey, that shuttle is not air-conditioned. So I decided to stroll back. Initially, some mischievous character told me to stop.
But my Blue-bar Pigeon rescued me and showed the way back to the Marriott Marquis:
This the day after Songkran, and went back to the Gourmet Market for my final food fling for enjoyment in my room:
Difficult to comprehend, but the ten-minute walk back to the hotel sometimes takes 15 minutes and more for the shuttle. While I'd been in the near 100 F hot sun for part of the walking journey, that shuttle is not air-conditioned. So I decided to stroll back. Initially, some mischievous character told me to stop.But my Blue-bar Pigeon rescued me and showed the way back to the Marriott Marquis:
This the day after Songkran, and went back to the Gourmet Market for my final food fling for enjoyment in my room:
-











No comments:
Post a Comment