What caused the Big Bang 13.798 plus or minus 0.037 billion years ago? Watch this video.
Just the other day, T. Brent Tully and his crew at the University of Hawaii were featured for their work on Laniakea (in Hawaiian, lani means heaven and akea connotes spacious or immeasurable):
- They wisely start before the Big Bang.
- They then describe a four dimensional spatial universe, or more.
- The singularity at the Big Bang is a mere 3D event horizon of a 4D universe. I won't today try to explain what a Black Hole is, nor its Event Horizon.
- A 4D star collapses, and the result is the Big Bang in a 3D world, ours.
- You get the impression that this happens all the time, where new universes are methodically being created.
- Their guess is better than most others today.