1. October 11: Kentucky--Joe Biden-Paul Ryan, all topics..
2. October 16: New York--Obama-Romney, town meeting on foreign and domestic policy
3. October 22: Florida--Obama-Romney, foreign policy (same format as first one).
The following is extracted from an article by Daniel Weiss and Jackie Weidman of the Center for American Progress (their CEO worked for Obama, and the organization is considered to be a balance against think tanks such as the Heritage Foundation and the American Enterprise Institute):
1. Oil and gas: OBAMA--domestic oil production at highest in 15 years
oil imports lowest in 15 years
gas production at highest ever
ROMNEY--suggested drilling off Florida and the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
2. Tax breaks: OBAMA--wants to eliminate the $4 billion annual tax breaks for Big Oil
ROMNEY--continue those breaks, and add another $2.3 billion
4. Fuel economy: OBAMA--double auto fuel economy by 2025
ROMNEY--opposes fuel-economy standards
5. Green jobs: OBAMA--3.1 million green jobs in 2011
ROMNEY--calls green jobs fake and illusory
6. Climate change: OBAMA--issued first-ever CO2 reduction requirements
ROMNEY--believes the issue is unsettled
7. Coal: OBAMA--reduce air pollution from coal plants
ROMNEY--aggressively develop coal
8. Keystone XL Pipeline: OBAMA--complete environmental analysis
ROMNEY--approve pipeline on Day One regardless
There is a whole lot more in the article, but it is clear that Obama is green and Romney is black. If Romney again and again prevails in these debates, the prospects of a dark and dirty energy future become real and are frightening!