In a few words: Seattle defense, Harvin, QB Wilson and interceptions of Manning. What were the highlights?
- Perhaps the goof of the day was Referee Terry McAulay catching Joe Namath's coin toss in mid-year because the official forgot to ask the Seattle captain for his choice.
- The second biggest mistake occurred on the first play from scrimmage resulting in an embarrassing safety.
- Halftime: Seahawks 22 - Broncos 0.
- Halftime show:
- The kick-off after halftime? Percy Harvin ran it back for a touchdown:
Seattle 36 - Denver 0.
Seattle 36 - Denver 8.
- Terrorists missed another opportunity.
- Bob Dylan is still alive (he headed a commercial for Chrysler). Robert Allen Zimmerman is, actually, a year younger than me.
- 24, the movie, is coming in May.
- The Denver Broncos lost to the San Francisco 49ers 55-10 in 1990, so this was not the biggest embarrassment in the Super Bowl.
- However, it's so revealing that those experts who predicted a close score (90+% of them), knew even less than me. I was smart enough to not care. By the way, I should take another selfie (but I'll spare you this unnecessary impudence--see me in orange by scrolling down), for I did so much cleaning of my apartment this morning that I had to take a shower before the game, and re-dressed in green and blue. At least I was in the winning colors. That's quarterback Russell Wilson to the right. Victory is not fully assured until that Gatorade shower of the coach, Pete Carroll:
I also had a nice sunset today:
And there was even a tiny Moon:
There is now some talk that NFL Commish Roger Goodell speaks to higher powers, as he was able to arrange for "perfect" weather. This is MetLife the next day with 6 inches of snow still falling: