Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

TOKYO TO NARITA TO INCHEON TO SEOUL

My final Tokyo Westin breakfast was typically overwhelming:


At the Narita Airport, the ANA Lounge had a kitchen for noodles:


Arriving at Incheon Airport:


Which is the #1 airport in the world, according to Skytrax.  It was previously #1 in 2009 and has been in the top five for 8 of the past 10 years.  A more fascinating photo of ICN is:


I'm staying at the W Hotel on Walkerhill:


At first I thought this was some work of art in my room until I later took a closer look:


Real, edible fruits.  I had dinner at Nomu's, a contemporary Japanese restaurant in the hotel.  It's a major expedition to leave the compound.  Michelin a few months ago published a South Korean Green Guide.  If the Red Guide ever comes out, Nomu should make it at least as a one star, although they charge like a 2-Star.  At least it almost is spelled like Noma, which is  #1 on the Pellegrino list, but only a Michelin 2-Star.  My meal and view of the Han River:


An abalone salad, pumpkin soup and unagi over rice with garlic chips.  The wine is a typical Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough, New Zealand.  However, three ounces cost $18.

Then the free breakfast here was a revelation. I thought, strange, the buffet is like dinner.  I was asked about the egg, so I ordered lightly over.  At this stage, my meal looked like this:


Salad, curry over rice, kim chee and those eggs.  Then, I noticed people going into another part of the restaurant, so I joined then and saw a whole new area with a selection at least as good as the Tokyo Westin.  However, it was nearly 8AM and my lunch meal today is at French restaurant whose chef owns 3 Michelin Stars in Paris, so I had to be conservative.  This buffet costs about the same as the Tokyo Westin.  Around $35.  It is their Sunday brunch, however, that is the ultimate...for a cost of $150 now.

-

No comments: