Total Pageviews

Monday, October 11, 2010

CHINA'S GOT TALENT

I'll be off to Shanghai tomorrow.  Remember 10 year old Jackie from America's Got Talent?  The hottest news from the Orient is that two contestants from Shanghai, Liu Wei (22) and Zhang Fengxi (7), rose to the top of China's Got Talent.  Wei lost his arms while playing at the age of 10.  If you are not in some way inspired with his finalist performance, there is no hope for you.

He started to learn the piano just three years ago.  His motto is:

   I have two options--I can die as fast as possible, or I can live a brilliant life.  I chose the latter.












Oh, really prosaic, but while I'm on the subject of China, please click on my latest article in the Huffington Post:




A Message to President Hu Jintao



-


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat, sorry to hear that you cannot Blog from China.