Total Pageviews

Friday, February 7, 2020

DONALD TRUMP JUST BLEW HIS BEST CHANCE TO WIN THE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

Our President Donald Trump is universally described as being a scoundrel who lies all the time and relishes in taking revenge.  He is about the last person you want leading the Free World.

So maybe it was pathologically unimaginable for him to take the graceful road to bipartisan accord.  He already made his mark by skewering Pelosi and Romney at the Prayer Breakfast.  This could have been a time when he could actually have kept quiet.

He then totally blew it at this "celebration" press conference, bragging about being acquitted by the U.S. Senate. Of course he praised his supporters.  Nothing wrong with that.

Then he should have gone on to say....NOW ABOUT THOSE DEMOCRATS.  After waiting a minute or so for the laughs and guffaws, if only he had reached out and just said:
  • This was a tough and dirty battle.
  • I was angry for the unfairness.
  • However, for the good of the country and world, I would like to extend a hand of friendship over the next nine months or so.
  • If we can work together to take some important steps to rebuild our infrastructure, the next president, and it could well be me, we can improve our roads, bridges, airports and so much more.  
  • This is me talking, for I am a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, but "we" reported that it would take $4.6 trillion to do it right.  That's the entire federal budget, so clearly we will need to first move with the higher priority projects.
  • Trump can go on to say that we've been fighting about health.  Whether it's drug costs, long-term care, or whatever, we should be able to compromise on what is best for Americans.
  • Trump can use the support of Hispanics.  He can say, I've seen the polls, and the Wall I've been pushing has become a negative issue maybe necessary for reconsideration.  The Cato Institute (staunch conservative think tank) showed me the graph below.  I'm willing to just clear up the matter about immigration and do what's best for all countries of North America.

  • I've been making fun of Global Warming.  I still have some doubts, but I plan to re-look at this matter after November 3.  
That's all he had to say.  He could have ignored the economy and how great America is today.  He blew his best chance to win re-election.

-

No comments: