Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

EUPHORIA RETURNS


It was five months ago when I entered a state of continued euphoria...until my two-week French trip.  The stress level overwhelmed the peaks of pleasure from Taittinger Champagne, Chateau Lafite Rothschild and Louis XIII Cognac.  But back in Hawaii, euphoria slowly returned.

My weekend in Waikiki for the 25th Honolulu Festival (scroll down to yesterday's posting) only helped to maximize this feeling of elation, calm and security.  My final morning there I again walked along Waikiki Beach.  The Waikiki Sheraton, followed by the Moana Surfrider Westin, where I stayed in January to photograph the lunar eclipse:


A few more photos:


From the pier at the foot of Kapahulu Avenue, where those lunar eclipse shots were taken, now looking the other way towards Diamond Head:


On the way back to my room, I purchased a Hokkaido miso ramen in the International Market Place:


A final goodbye view of Waikiki, Diamond Head and the surfers:


But when in a state of euphoria, you don't just go straight home.  Next, for a later lunch, Shanghai Soup Dumplings at Fook Lam, led there by my Blue-Bar Pigeon:


One of the entertainment options here is the contraband sold just outside this restaurant.  Here,  a shirt:


Finally returning home, after what seemed like several days, but, actually, only 24-hours, to be welcomed by a water lily and Honohono orchids:


But that's not all, for my Monday night table, I brought the gifts provided by the Sheraton Waikiki, Sparkling Wine and Macadamia Nut Cookies:


However, too many people brought too much stuff, so I'll try again on Wednesday.  Tonight, 15 Craigside has an outing to Murphy's, for a pre-celebration of St. Patrick's Day.  My day is not until Sunday, March 17, where this year marks 30 years of this downtown annual block party.

-

No comments: