Day 183 of the Lower Puna Eruption.
***********
The half price charge also applies to other special dishes, like seafood paella and truffles pasta. Otherwise, the other outlets of Japanese food maintain business as usual.

Wednesday I had pho in downtown Honolulu. The beef was amazingly edible, and that covered can is beer.
Tomorrow, the shape of things to come for humanity. After working for NASA on the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory on laser fusion and drafting original legislation during my stay in the U.S. Senate on hydrogen and ocean thermal energy conversion, I provide insights into where our civilization is headed in the next billion years. That article from DISCOVER should well prepare you for my surprising take.
***********
Yes, wagyu beef is back at Shirokiya Japanese Village Walk, but not totally. Wagyu Gourmet Alley is now open, after being shuttered for more than a year. The fancy dishes are all half price, and you get a $1 beer coupon for each $10 spent...anywhere in the complex. However, the wagyu is American and steaks are not served, only sukiyaki, curry, stew, etc.
I ordered this sukiyaki to the left, and got two coupons for beer. Now, there is no such thing as totally free $1 beer. You need that coupon. While $19 is not exactly cheap for fast food sukiyaki, the total package as shown below was well worth that charge:
To the left is what Wagyu alley looked like yesterday. Still not so good, but better than before. At least I wasn't the only one having a wagyu meal.
There is entertainment, for the old and young:
I also came here last week, when the beer, Primo, was still $1, for a bowl of ramen:

Wednesday I had pho in downtown Honolulu. The beef was amazingly edible, and that covered can is beer.
Many were dressed for Halloween:
Tomorrow, the shape of things to come for humanity. After working for NASA on the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory on laser fusion and drafting original legislation during my stay in the U.S. Senate on hydrogen and ocean thermal energy conversion, I provide insights into where our civilization is headed in the next billion years. That article from DISCOVER should well prepare you for my surprising take.
-




No comments:
Post a Comment