Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 10, 2018

THIS BLOG SITE WILL CONTINUE INTO THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE

On April 30 I thought I had posted my final blog article.  This was the culmination of daily providing insights on energy, life, food...whatever, for a whole decade.  I'd mostly now focus on things like my new book drafts and special reports, if anything at all.

Looking back, my very first posting occurred on 29 April 2008, reflecting two books I had recently published, SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for Planet Earth and SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for Humanity.  My initial thoughts were to primarily report on sustainable resources and providing for a cleaner environment.

On 3 May 2018 I gave a grand perspective of the past decade and how I had expanded the scope to anything and everything.  Part of the rationale was that the second book on Humanity delved into religion, travel, nutrition and other esoteric areas.  My third recent book, SIMPLE SOLUTION ESSAYS, early on was a compilation of some of my Huffington Post articles.  In all I wrote more than a hundred articles for them.

This would have been my final graduation, I could go on to other things.  However, that day, Kilauea Volcano erupted in Lower Puna.  Geothermal energy was my first University of Hawaii research effort in 1973, leading to success with Hawaii Geothermal Well-A producing 3 MW in Lower Puna.  Then, too, on 3 January 1983, while golfing on the Volcano Golf Course, the ground shuddered, and a fountain of lava shot up not all that far from us.  This is the same eruption that continues today.  (That photo is not from 1983, but from earlier this year.)

Thus, I felt that I just had to continue this blog.  At least until the Lower Puna Eruption ended.  The USGS has not officially announced this end, but chances are high that any future flow of lava will probably be somewhere else.  So, then, my initial thought was to end this daily grind.

However, I recently read a New York Times article by Hayley Phelan, indicating that writing a daily journal led to a longer and happier life.  This was also very cost effective.  A daily journal is the equivalent of a daily blog.  So, I decided to continue posting articles at random on a daily basis.  While Hayley is "only" a freelance writer and not any kind of scientific authority on the self-help movement, it also occurred to me that I was really doing this more for myself than anything else anyway.  Plus, the American Writers and Artists Inc. indicates that writers live a life of vibrant longevity.

However, enough is nearly enough, and I will now and then be negligent and miss a day here and there.  But keep returning to read more about the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, the blue revolution, quirky movie reviews, high cuisine and low, minimal-adventure travel balanced by the crazy exploits of others, trends from Hawaii and the world at large, Donald Trump, Purgatory simple solutions and more.  Will there be a 2020 world cruise?  And, yes, I will on occasion toss in a draft of a chapter from one of my new books, and will seek your comment.  Topic?  I'll probably focus on The Blue Revolution or The Venus Syndrome or...

-

No comments: