As the USA enters its worst phase of this COVID-19 pandemic with a crippled economy and too many in financial desperation with true fears of eviction, it's a good time to Count Your Blessings, a song no doubt being sung in many churches this Sunday morning. Some hopeful signs that good change might be forthcoming:
- The vaccines are coming. Two for sure in a week or two, and a third soon thereafter. A lot more in the pipeline (from New York Times this morning):
- A bipartisan Senate economic relief package seems likely to be approved by the end of next week.
- The worst president in the history of the country will be gone on January 20.
- Well, fans of James Buchanan might complain, so read this. Compared to Trump, all Buchanan did was not avert the Civil War.
- Two of Trump's most cloying sycophants, Attorney General Bill Barr and Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, defied The Donald, regaining a measure of self-respect.
- You can add Republican Arizona Governor Doug Ducey to that list, for he had the nerve to ignore a White House call and certified the 11 electoral college votes for Joe Biden.
- If you're a Democrat, the Georgia two Senate runoff odds are continuing to tighten:
- What do those numbers mean? Go to this site for details on how to do the calculation. When you do, you will learn that the 24% probability of two weeks ago has settled at 33% for Democrats to gain control of the Senate. Still less than 50-50, but these odds were taken the day before Trump arrived in Georgia.
- Exactly three months ago I reached the age of 80.
- I've been well, mentally (continued euphoria) and physically:
- Dropped to 153.6 pounds this past week, the lowest in at least a quarter century. I can now enjoy a snack now and then, even a weekly dessert.
- Still can walk on a golf course, though I now skip a few holes, as the limited play means that groups walk too fast for me.
- Knees about as good as they've been in some time.
- I don't remember a year when I missed a cold with coughing. Not one yet.
- Finally got value for my ten-year Netflix membership.
- Fish and plants doing well.
- Not one case of COVID-19 for 15 Craigside residents. I gather, though, living in an assisted living community, we are very high on the priority list for the vaccine.
These photos came from a friend:
The first two you recognize, a blade of a large wind energy conversion device, and blood vessels to your hand.











No comments:
Post a Comment