Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 24, 2009

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE

On this Christmas Eve, my fish and I wish you all a Merry Christmas. I started the day with much thanks that the four vaccinations I just took only resulted in a slightly sore arm. Yes, for my next trip, never having before in my life taking more than one at a time--and I hate, really hate, injections--went the full route with typhoid, hepatitis A, tetanus and diptheria/polio. I also got a whole bunch of pills for malaria. At one point (and you'll read about this in Chapter 6 early next year) malaria pills for any length of time meant the possibility of going blind. Not so today, apparently...I hope.


Let us ignore the former Great Recession, coming Peak Oil and inevitable Global Heating for now and further look at the positives. I have a couple of bucks on SMU (which can lose by 12), and in the first half at the Hawaii Bowl, SMU 31 - Nevada 0. I scored a net 65 to earn low score for my golf group of six at Ala Wai this morning. It was sunny, with the temperature almost up to 80 degrees F. My leaking aquarium stopped leaking, the Senate passed a monumental health plan and the leader of the free world, Barack Obama, landed in Honolulu. Mele Kalikimaka Mr. President, his family and Pearl.

-
The Dow Jones Industrials jumped 54 to 10,520, the highest since October of 2008, with world markets mostly up, though the Japan Nikkei slipped to 10,487. The Dow is up 19% for the year, but the NASDAQ has increased a whopping 44%. The Ford shares I bought in March have zoomed 433% and my Amazon.com since purchase is an astronomical +722%. So all is well, too, with the stock market. Gold slightly rose $3/toz to $1090 and crude oil is now at $78/barrel.

-
Evan and Dillon joined me, with the Morishiges and Laverne Osora and Curtis Lee for a memorable dinner at Mandalay.

-
Merry Christmas to my friends in Mauritius and Le Reunion, as Tropical Cyclone David at 55 MPH is weakening and now appearing to move north of both islands.
-

No comments: