Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

SPECIAL POSTING ON 12AUGUST2026: THE TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE OF 2026

I saw the total eclipse of the sun on the Azamara Journey in the middle of the ocean between Iceland and Greenland.  It was not quite under ideal circumstances, but a worthy adventure.

  • For one, it was cloudy.  Also, too cold and windy.
  • But up I went to the 10th deck to join the crowd.  
  • My photos.
  • A video compilation from You Tube.
  • Here is another livestream event from You Tube.
I might mention that the above videos will be far better than my reportage tomorrow.  Why?
  • Consider the elements.  Out on the 10th deck, it was freezing (well, maybe the high 40s), windy and rocky....the boat was wobbling, standing difficult and walking dangerous.
  • In the Cabaret Lounge, comfortable temperature and color TV viewing from NASA.
  • Oh, floating by was an iceberg.

-

No comments: