Day 105 of the Lower Puna Eruption, and no new lava has been released from fissure #8 for several days now. Has the end arrived? Not officially, yet, from the USGS.
***********
Some things in life surprise me. Here is how I looked yesterday morning. What catches your attention? Well, that's pretty obvious, but enough to have total strangers walking up to me and making truly complimentary remarks about my vest? Mostly female, and middle age to younger.
The primary reason I keep going back to Bangkok, honest, is to keep refining what began as a safari shirt perhaps two decades ago. Over eight generations, zippers were added, inside pockets, type (short and long sleeves, vest) and a variety of colors, materials and patterns. How many different ones do I have? Don't ask.
Anyway, today, I just went to see my dental hygienist, find a place for lunch, renew my driver's license, buy a few more fish for my aquaria and shop for various commodities at Marukai. Just in this simple day, twelve different people favorably commented on my vest. How many times has someone you don't know come up to you and say something nice about what you were wearing? At most, a dozen times in your life, and, maybe never.
I should work out a deal with Jackie's or Baron's to market these vests. Well, anyway, you don't want to see my dentist's office, and I had a 1:40PM appointment with the Kapalama Hale satellite office, which today in Honolulu is a really big deal. I wanted to have lunch close to this location, so it was Nico's Pier 38:
I ordered their daily special, ono. This piece was 1 inch thick and fabulous. That's my view to the left.
Nico's started as a tiny take-out, maybe even grungy. Today, this restaurant must hold hundreds and even has an adjacent market. Supposedly, Nico's buys more fish than any other eating establishment in Hawaii.
So, anyway, getting a new driver's license, or even renewing one, is today an adventure in Honolulu. My license does not expire until September, but I went online in mid June. The best I could do was get today's appointment, two months later. I expected hordes of people and a supreme challenge when I showed up.
Parking was abundant. After all that anxiety, it took 17 minutes to complete everything, but only because I did not realize I had to fill out an application (which took 5 minutes) and wait another 5 minutes to take a photo. Thus, the process really took all of 7 minutes. I brought my passport, social security card and a couple of bills with my address. That is all you need.
I was worried for months for nothing. Thank goodness the only test was my eyesight. Thinking about passing a written test would have significantly added to the stress. Another great day in Purgatory.
-
There are now seven ocean storms, but, only one shows potential for major concern:
Tropical Storm Lane will strengthen into possibly a Category 4 this weekend and head straight for Hawaii, although there are signs that the eye will slide south of the Big Island.
What does that track above really mean? Not sure. More to come.
-










ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น