********************
Now that Kilauea Volcano is on a lull, perhaps even an end to the activity in Puna for now, what will this blog site be into the future? I've decided that Six Hours to Seattle has to be re-thought, The Blue Revolution needs more progress and The Venus Syndrome is just not ready for show.
When I wrote SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for Planet Earth, I was an authority on renewable energy, ocean resources, hydrogen, global climate change remediation and assorted topics dealing with sustainable development and the environment. This book prepared me for those possible novels above.
So, then, I thought, and this was more than decade ago, why don't I publish something where I didn't know much, if anything. That led to SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for Humanity. In particular, I had avoided religion for all of my adult life, so my chapter on The Golden Evolution was especially daring.
There was also my compilation of HuffPos in SIMPLE SOLUTION Essays, with nothing about this subject. But here in this blog site SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for Planet Earth and Humanity I have now and then posted on various aspects of religion, and kept inserting Purgatory into my lifestyle for humor, more than anything else. These articles never approached maximum readership, and, in fact, drew minimal interest with never a question or comment.
But I rather recently finally completed reading two books, one, Science and Religion, which spent a decade in my car, mostly my golf bag, and second, The Scientific Examination of Religion, something I bought five years ago. Plus, Scientific American now and then touches on this subject, with an article from the latest issue focusing on the difficulty teachers have trying to teach evolution. One of my next postings will review that paper. Richard Dawkins, a noted atheist, is my favorite author, which clearly classifies me as not terribly religious.
Americans generally cite The Bible, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, The Book of Common Prayer, Ben Hur and Pilgrims Progress among their favorites. I've either read them or seen the movie.
Growing up as a child, I was typical, and no doubt believed in God and the Afterlife. While my parents were Buddhists, my training came from a Christian church down the block. When I was around the age of 8, or maybe 10, I asked my mother's acquaintance, who I think was a female Buddhist priest (until I later learned that there is a lot of controversy whether that is possible or if women can even reach enlightenment) how many people she knew attained Nirvana. She said Buddha, but could not really come up with another name. At that point I felt my odds were minimal, and that probably set me off into a lifetime of doubt and questioning.Thus, while I will continue now and then to report on significant current events, scientific breakthroughs, movie reviews and food, much of the next few weeks will delve into this mystery of how and why religion became such a commanding way of life. Without any evidence of any truth, 84% of the world population has faith. Will there be a Golden Evolution?
-
Tropical Storm Lane is now up to 60 MPH, and is expected to attain Category 3 strength. The latest computer models show Lane passing the Big Island to the south. But how close?
About a year ago I bought an aquarium plant, not sure what it's called, but perhaps Moneywort--Bocapa monnieri, could well be the specie. It keeps growing and growing and, for the first time produced a flower:
-






ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น