Day 47 of the Lower Puna Eruption, and the tally is up to 533 dwellings. At one time Puna was the fastest growing region in the state, and in 2010 had a population of 45,300. The population center is Pahoa, which now is overcome with sulfur dioxide fumes and declined businesses, with sales 70%+ down. Stores are beginning to close.
-

I've been to Seattle at least half a dozen times, and it has usually been cloudy, rainy and cold. This time I'm facing record highs. Today? 90F.
My view to the right was towards Puget Sound:
The place was expectedly crowded, which made my location especially ideal, plus my meal was possibly the best brunch I've ever had, with three types of raw oysters, garlic butter asparagus and Seattle chowder with a glass of Oregon bubbly and Washington cabernet sauvignon.
My walk through the market, beginning with Rainier Cherries:
Last two shots of carrots and eggplants. Then, the feature attraction, salmon tossing at Pure Food Fish Market:
I'll end with a golden pig, then an elevator ride plus short walk to the Seattle Aquarium:
Nothing special, beginning with their entrance, which features underwater shows:
Back to the Marriott, I had a simple dinner with a beer at the M Club Lounge.
Sitting outside, at 7PM it must have still been in the mid-80s. Tomorrow, I tour Seattle at 90F.
-
INTERESTING INFO OF THE DAY: Did you know there are two Vancouver cities, both named after explorer George Vancouver? The USA's (in the state of Washington) is 300 miles south of Canada's, and only 7.5 miles north Portland, Oregon.
-
-

I've been to Seattle at least half a dozen times, and it has usually been cloudy, rainy and cold. This time I'm facing record highs. Today? 90F.
Yesterday was Father's Day so I thought finding a great place for brunch would be difficult. Jeff, the concierge, recommended Etta's. The Marriott is located at the waterfront. To get to town, at the end of the hotel was an elevator that took you up 60 feet so that the walk to the restaurant was convenient. To the right is Etta's barely viewable to the left of this sculpture.
I got the perfect table with a view of Pike Place Market:
The place was expectedly crowded, which made my location especially ideal, plus my meal was possibly the best brunch I've ever had, with three types of raw oysters, garlic butter asparagus and Seattle chowder with a glass of Oregon bubbly and Washington cabernet sauvignon.
My walk through the market, beginning with Rainier Cherries:
Last two shots of carrots and eggplants. Then, the feature attraction, salmon tossing at Pure Food Fish Market:
I'll end with a golden pig, then an elevator ride plus short walk to the Seattle Aquarium:
Nothing special, beginning with their entrance, which features underwater shows:
From the aquarium, the Marriott is just to the right of the docked Norwegian Pearl.
Two kinds of salmon, then halibuts, in the normal sleeping position and swimming:
Back to the Marriott, I had a simple dinner with a beer at the M Club Lounge.
Sitting outside, at 7PM it must have still been in the mid-80s. Tomorrow, I tour Seattle at 90F.
-
INTERESTING INFO OF THE DAY: Did you know there are two Vancouver cities, both named after explorer George Vancouver? The USA's (in the state of Washington) is 300 miles south of Canada's, and only 7.5 miles north Portland, Oregon.
-


























ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น