จำนวนการดูหน้าเว็บรวม

วันเสาร์ที่ 16 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2561

SIX HOURS TO SEATTLE: The Journey Begins

Day 45 of the Lower Puna Eruption and the activity continues.  There was a noon 5+ earthquake at the summit, sending a plume up 10,000 feet.  Photo from Newsweek.


Mayor Harry Kim continued to work, with walking pneumonia.  That is, until yesterday morning, when he was taken by ambulance to the Hilo Medical Center Emergency Room.  He was sent home on the promise that he stay there.  Let's see how long that lasts.  At the end of April, he also suffered from two heart attacks, just before the Lower Puna eruption.

********

My neighbor John and I golfed yesterday with another John, from his church, and on the way back we stopped at J-Shop for some Japanese Wagyu Beef.  We arranged for the 15 Craigside BBQ grill and enjoyed Japanese Wagyu steaks with O-Toro from both Marukai and Tamashiro.  We thought this was the best meal we ever had here.  No photos.

This morning I checked in at Hawaiian Air and learned that I need to pick up my suitcase in Kona and walk over to the Alaska Air check-in after going through the agriculture check.  Hope the timing works out.     However, on the plus side, a first class ticket allows me to use their lounge in Honolulu, where I'm composing this posting.

Whoops, just noticed that the flight pattern to Seattle is such that I need to sit on the other side of the plane for me to view Hilo.


Need to make that adjustment when I get to Kona.  I'll report on the rest of my flight tomorrow.

-


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: