Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 17, 2019

MY BLUE-BAR PIGEON CAME HOME

An extraordinary thing happened this morning when I woke up.  I had turned on the TV and was glancing at Music Choice playing the McCoy's Hang on Sloopy when my Blue-Bar Pigeon flew up to my window (just above that violet anthurium) to wish me good morning:


Hang on Sloopy went on to become #1 on Billboard in 1965.  I now have a name for my Blue-Bar Pigeon:  Sloopy.  I met Sloopy on perhaps my "best" around the world day.

It was on 19October2015, I was staying in the Westin Europa in Venice, and this Blue-Bar Pigeon stole part of my breakfast:


I went to Quadri, facing Piazza San Marco (St. Mark's Square), for a six course white truffles lunch, with six matching glasses of wine.  Interestingly enough, this "same" blue-bar came up to my window to see what I was eating:


What made the day even more memorable was that I got just about the last seat (someone had returned his ticket and I just happened to be there at the box office to gain a perfect viewing spot) for Vivaldi's (he was born in Venice) Four Seasons concert in the theater where he partly composed these pieces.  I collect certain genres of music, and baroque is in the top three.  Here is a photo of the San Marcos Chamber Orchestra that night from my seat.

My Blue-Bird then began to follow me for the rest of my European River Cruise.  Here, the Christmas Market in Rothenburg:


Remarkably, in all my subsequent major trips, virtually at every stop, I see my Blue-Bar Pigeon, as here, on my most recent Orient adventure, at the Nagasaki Peace Park and Odori Park in Sapporo:


Well, I've got a whole day free, so what can I do to match this most remarkable of Blue-Bar Pigeon sightings?

-

No comments: