Busan Train from Seoul, or Biggest Thing in Seoul, or South Korea or World, BTS is the K-pop sensation about to top the music charts in both the USA and UK with its latest album: Map of the Soul. BTS is the acronym for Bangtan Sonyeondan, which translates to Bulletproof Boy Scouts.
So, anyway, we caught the Korea Train eXpress (or KTX) from Seoul to Busan, the second largest city in the country (10 million versus 3.5 million). Most remember Pusan, the last stand during the Korean War, which became Busan in 2000.
The Shinkansen of Japan, TGV of France and KTX of South Korea all have speeds in the range 200 MPH. Clearly, France had a greater influence in this Korean effort, for the trains are the essentially the same, including, unfortunately, two steps up. The Shinkansen is roll-on and off.
KTX service was launched in 2004, forty years after the Shinkansen and 23 years after the TGV. The Korean train stations are wonderful, massive and efficient. While similar to the French train, at least there was absolutely no fear of losing your luggage in Korea.
We first caught Line 1 from our hotel to Seoul Station. Here, they allow hawkers to sell stuff on the city trains:
Our train:
Went to Noodle King and ordered a beef noodle soup, which I had with beer and soju:
Temperature hot and excellent. They gave us gifts, which contained a wet towel, cookies and other stuff:
Got into Busan in 2 hours 47 minutes and caught a taxi to the Westin Chosen. In the few short years I've been away, this city has sprouted:
The ride took longer than I remembered, and, at one point saw a sign: TO Seoul. I thought, I wonder if the driver is taking us back to Seoul to the Westin Chosen, where I've stayed many times. But, no. Eventually we saw: three towers appearing to be right next to my hotel. But, no. Here is the view from my room of Haeundae Beach, with those buildings on the other end, still a mile away:
Note that there are few on this most beautiful of beaches, and no one is in the water, for it is too cold.
We went up to the Executive Lounge for a light meal:
There was even an almost full Moon.
-
The Shinkansen of Japan, TGV of France and KTX of South Korea all have speeds in the range 200 MPH. Clearly, France had a greater influence in this Korean effort, for the trains are the essentially the same, including, unfortunately, two steps up. The Shinkansen is roll-on and off.
KTX service was launched in 2004, forty years after the Shinkansen and 23 years after the TGV. The Korean train stations are wonderful, massive and efficient. While similar to the French train, at least there was absolutely no fear of losing your luggage in Korea.
We first caught Line 1 from our hotel to Seoul Station. Here, they allow hawkers to sell stuff on the city trains:
Our train:
Went to Noodle King and ordered a beef noodle soup, which I had with beer and soju:
Temperature hot and excellent. They gave us gifts, which contained a wet towel, cookies and other stuff:
Got into Busan in 2 hours 47 minutes and caught a taxi to the Westin Chosen. In the few short years I've been away, this city has sprouted:
The ride took longer than I remembered, and, at one point saw a sign: TO Seoul. I thought, I wonder if the driver is taking us back to Seoul to the Westin Chosen, where I've stayed many times. But, no. Eventually we saw: three towers appearing to be right next to my hotel. But, no. Here is the view from my room of Haeundae Beach, with those buildings on the other end, still a mile away:
Note that there are few on this most beautiful of beaches, and no one is in the water, for it is too cold.
We went up to the Executive Lounge for a light meal:
There was even an almost full Moon.
-













ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น