จำนวนการดูหน้าเว็บรวม

วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 17 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2562

15 CRAIGSIDE: Mystery #3

To quote from my 21December 2016 postings, UPDATE ON GRAND MYSTERIES:

I've had four grand mysteries throughout my life, with two of them only occurring during the past month.  The first two are now classified (by me) as miracles:  Schick razors (the blades, and they don't need to be Schicks) and soap at the bottom the bed to prevent leg cramps:

solved grand mystery #3.  It had to do with a calamansi plant and parakeet poop.

Grand mystery #4 happened when I moved my calamansi plant indoors to prevent those parakeets from eating the leaves.  Suddenly, a beautiful Chinese Swallowtail Butterfly appeared next to the calamansi plant:

I bought a second calamansi plant, and, amazingly enough, two more of the same type of butterflies appeared on consecutive days:

Well, I solved those two 15 Craigside miracles.

However, two weekends ago a dozen red mollies and swordtails suddenly disappeared from my lanai aquarium, which is a large punch bowl.  Interestingly enough, a huge algae eater (whose volume was double that of the other 12 fish combined) survived.  Here are some thoughts:
  • The reds jump out of the bowl.  But in a year they have been on the lanai, not one has done that.
  • The algae eater ate them.  However, again, after a year of stability, it's hard to believe that this fish suddenly went berserk.
  • The most likely option would be birds eating them.  However, I didn't see any bird poop and are there birds that have the skill to pick out 12 red fish, leaving not even one?
  • Someone snuck into my apartment and stole them.
So I bought three orange goldfish last week.  Each is several times as large as one red fish, so I thought, perhaps, the size would make it difficult for those birds to eat them.  Well, all three and the algae eater are still there, so Mystery #3 at 15 Craigside remains so.

Let me know if you have any answers.  I'm stumped.


-

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: