It's Sunday, and Purgatory is as close we bill get today to anything spiritual. Yesterday I started with two films:
Rotten Tomatoes My Rating
Reviewers Audiences
The Upside 40 88 B+
OTBO Sex 71 70 B-
Rotten Tomatoes reviewers panned The Upside. Audiences loved it. I loved it. Good escape film to improve your mental attitude. Bryan Cranston (billionaire quadriplegic), Kevin Hart (former con who redeems his life) and Nicole Kidman (happy ending) were commendable.
On the Basis of Sex Rotten Tomatoes ratings were about right. Somewhat plodding, but makes you better appreciate Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court Justice. Felicity Jones played Ginsburg, and Armie Hammer was her husband Marty, both lawyers from Harvard. Marty early on was diagnosed to have testicular cancer, with a death rate of 95%. You expected him to go at anytime, but that matter was not even mentioned even once after that, and he was still alive at the end. I give Marty a lot of credit for a huge supporting role in getting Ruth into the Supreme Court. They changed the nature of women's rights.
But Purgatory has a nightlife beyond movies, for I crossed the street and went to Nobu. Nobu Matsuhisa was born in Japan, but at the age of 24 opened a restaurant in Peru. Thus, his offerings are a blend of those two countries. He has 38 restaurants on 5 continents.
There is another Nobu on Lanai. I probably have been to ten of them world-wide. They are all posh and expensive. They loathe to take reservations for one. I sat in the outside bar.
Rotten Tomatoes My Rating
Reviewers Audiences
The Upside 40 88 B+
OTBO Sex 71 70 B-
Rotten Tomatoes reviewers panned The Upside. Audiences loved it. I loved it. Good escape film to improve your mental attitude. Bryan Cranston (billionaire quadriplegic), Kevin Hart (former con who redeems his life) and Nicole Kidman (happy ending) were commendable.
On the Basis of Sex Rotten Tomatoes ratings were about right. Somewhat plodding, but makes you better appreciate Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court Justice. Felicity Jones played Ginsburg, and Armie Hammer was her husband Marty, both lawyers from Harvard. Marty early on was diagnosed to have testicular cancer, with a death rate of 95%. You expected him to go at anytime, but that matter was not even mentioned even once after that, and he was still alive at the end. I give Marty a lot of credit for a huge supporting role in getting Ruth into the Supreme Court. They changed the nature of women's rights.
But Purgatory has a nightlife beyond movies, for I crossed the street and went to Nobu. Nobu Matsuhisa was born in Japan, but at the age of 24 opened a restaurant in Peru. Thus, his offerings are a blend of those two countries. He has 38 restaurants on 5 continents.
There is another Nobu on Lanai. I probably have been to ten of them world-wide. They are all posh and expensive. They loathe to take reservations for one. I sat in the outside bar.
You can order from the full menu there. I wasn't really all that hungry, so only ordered truffle scallops and wagyu gyoza with a cold junmai sake.
Truly outstanding.
Next, on to the Ward Light Garden. Reviews have been tepid, but I wanted to take some photos in color and black&white, for the February assignment of the 15 Craigside Photo Club is to submit 5 BW shots. So here are a few photos:
Nobu is located at the bottom of that tall building. And remember, tonight is the Super Blood Wolf Moon.
Two black and whites:
-








ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น