However it sounds to you, Koo or Kooch is what golf crowds yell for Matt Kuchar. Smiles a lot, seems to be a good guy, and won the Sony Open this weekend.
I have never spent so much time with that golf tournament before. I actually walked the course on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. My Thursday outing can be found at:
THE CUISINE OF THE SONY OPEN
On Friday I was having a Lee's hot dog and Michelob, when Kooch walked right passed me on the 8th hole. So I quickly finished my meal and followed him. Here on the ninth hole with Charles Howell and Justin Thomas. By the end of the day, he was in the lead.
On Day 3, my meal of steak and poke came from Wailua General Store:
Beef was mostly tough, but tasted good. Here, the iconic coconut trees behind the 16th hole at Waialae:
This juxtaposition was only planted about a decade ago at a cost of $3,500.
On the way home I dropped by Marukai to buy a slab of o-toro (fatty bluefin):
However, I first took a hot bath with a new drink I concocted: Midori and lemon juice with gin, over ice:
Loved the color. To the ox-tail soup provided by 15 Craigside, I added the following:
That white disc is mochi. I had a fabulous sunset meal on my lanai:
I watched the final day of the tournament in the air-conditioned comfort of my apartment. Kooch bogied three of the first four holes and fell into second place. However, he more than made that up and won by four strokes.
Who is Matt Kuchar? He is a 40-year old American who lost to Tiger Woods in the semi-finals of the 1996 U.S. Amateur championship and in 1997 was awarded the NCAA golf version of the football Heisman, the Haskins Award, when he played for Georgia Tech. He turned pro in 2000 and his earnings are now just about up to $45 million. In 2016 he won the bronze medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio. He has never won a major. Maybe this year.









ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น