Woke up at 10AM, completed my posting of yesterday and went to Momosan for lunch:

On the way out I said goodbye to Chase, the manager of both downstairs (Momosan) and upstairs Morimoto Asia (where the name comes, of course, from the Iron Chef, Masaharu Morimoto, who previously had that place in the Ilikai) I previously met, and Jamie, who served me:
On the way back to the Westin Moana Surfrider, I first took a photo, across the street, of Waikiki Beach towards the hotel, then a second closer one with Duke Kahanamoku:
When I have a staycation in Waikiki, I traditionally walk from the hotel along the beach as far as the sand goes. The Moana Hotel to the left and Diamond Head to the right.
Looking back, Moana Hotel and rest of Starwood properties. I usually stay at the Waikiki Sheraton, to the extreme left. This was a spectacular morning.

The top photo missed the full hotel name: Alohilani Resort. That Kirin sign, I thought, was somewhat deceptive, for the $3 price of Kirin Freeze is $7 when not during happy hours, from 5-7PM. I would have come in anyway, and still order the freeze...but. The meal was fabulous, a pork ramen and kind of ahi bowl with Japanese enhancements. I also ordered a Morimoto sake, which cost $12.
The meal was truly fabulous, with a warm welcome and fine service:
On the way out I said goodbye to Chase, the manager of both downstairs (Momosan) and upstairs Morimoto Asia (where the name comes, of course, from the Iron Chef, Masaharu Morimoto, who previously had that place in the Ilikai) I previously met, and Jamie, who served me:
On the way back to the Westin Moana Surfrider, I first took a photo, across the street, of Waikiki Beach towards the hotel, then a second closer one with Duke Kahanamoku:
Then back "home," my room in the background:
For dinner, we just stayed in the Beach Club Lounge through dinner. Here I am in a regal pose.
Significantly, we went back to the room and sealed our fate for next month. We confirmed reservations for HNL-LAX-CDG and back for the Chatear Lafitte Rothschild tour, plus.
Simple breakfast this morning in the Lounge with Diamond Head:
When I have a staycation in Waikiki, I traditionally walk from the hotel along the beach as far as the sand goes. The Moana Hotel to the left and Diamond Head to the right.
Looking back, Moana Hotel and rest of Starwood properties. I usually stay at the Waikiki Sheraton, to the extreme left. This was a spectacular morning.
The view back to the Moana.
Looking in the Diamond Head direction, I can now better understand why I did not see anything by the bus stop when I had my Bloody Moon Adventure (scroll down two days). The moonrise was at the extreme left edge of this next photo:
I then walked to Waikiki Yokocho to decide on my lunch, which turned out to be Umami Teppan, with all those kingyos, or goldfish, the same color as those in my lanai punchbowl:
I had lunch on my lanai with a close view of Waikiki Beach:
Teppan sukiyaki and miso soup. A fitting conclusion to my dalliance in Waikiki in search of the Super Blood Wolf Moon. Tonight, poker, and tomorrow, 18 holes of agonizing golf, walking at the Ala Wai Golf Course.
-




















ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น