Total Pageviews

Friday, December 27, 2019

MORE FOOD

After I returned from my Orient trip this month, I thought I'd end the year with a flurry of foods I most enjoy.  As for example my blog yesterday on pork cutlet (just scroll down to the next posting).






In Pat's Day Off I reported on an enhanced Ox-Tail Soup and Shanghai Soup Dumplings.

Then, a little splurge:


Foie gras, goose liver pate', Castello Blue Cheese, Radicchio, Endive and other vegetables, with a bottle of newly arrived Stanford Chardonnay and beer.  That was a tailgate to watch Hawaii beat BYU in the Hawaii Bowl. Then I ended the evening with some saimin and sashimi.

When I say enhanced, it is usually first frying some Japanese wagyu beef fat in a pan.  I then added a 15 Craigside provided kalua pig with cabbage.

Then some fresh cabbage with sweet round onions, topping off with an egg:


Add sashimi, beer and chardonnay to the dish, then watch the skins golf match featuring Tiger Woods, Jason Day, Rory McIlroy and Hideki Matsuyama in Japan (played in October).  While Day made the most money, Woods was the real winner, for he only just had left knee surgery in August for the fifth time, and looked fine.

The two locations away from 15 Craigside where I have most meals are in my Manoa Campus office and the Diamond Head Lookout.  I usually stop by Zippy's to pick up a breakfast or brunch because it is close to the University of Hawaii:


Yesterday, I parked at Rainbow Drive-In, but the lines were so long that I went next door to Hawaii's Best Kitchens and picked their rotisserie chicken plate:


It is a challenge to eat a rotisserie chicken in your car.  I have developed a technique that works.  The view, of course, is always spectacular:


There must have been 50 surfers out there.

The next few days of 2019 will peak with wagyu/o-toro, plus my famous ozoni.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 24 to 28,645 to again break its all-time record.   While Donald Trump brags that his business acumen is the reason, his performance actually lags that of Clinton and Obama from inauguration to end of December of the first term:


-
If you're worried about Phanfone, it is now a tropical storm and weakening in the South China Sea.


-

No comments: