Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

IS THERE ANYTHING TO ENERGY MEDICINE?

Day 180 of the Lower Puna Eruption, and you still can't close to viewing the damage.  However, it looks like officials are planning to ease restrictions in about a month.  To summarize:

Along the way, lava from Kilauea opened 24 fissures, covered more than 6,000 acres of land in Lower Puna, destroyed nearly 720 homes in the Leilani Estates and Kapoho areas, and buried or isolated more than 1,600 acres of farms.

***********
This is one of those days when I had no idea on what I would be posting.  Then I read the Star-Advertiser and noticed a two-page PAID ADVERTISEMENT section between pages A2 and A3:  More Health, More Energy, Less Meds, No Effort?  Half of each page is focused on Dr. Sandra Rose Michael, inviting you to a FREE (really, worth $75) lecture (at least some real estate cons give you a free lunch)...and space is limited.

She appears to be a real medical doctor, at least according to her releases.  She seems to have some connection to Hawaii, and specifically indicates being a kuhuna, but maybe that was a typo, for the proper term is kahuna.  There are gaps in her background that are similarly confusing, or purposefully misleading, for I can't seem to find anything called the Scientific Council for National Bio Science, nor any World Summit on Integral Medicine.  With regard to Energy Medicine, here is a quote from Wikipedia:

While early reviews of the scientific literature on energy healing were equivocal and recommended further research,[10][5] more recent reviews have concluded that there is no evidence supporting clinical efficiency.[11][12][13][14][15] The theoretical basis of healing has been criticised as implausible,[16][17][18][19]research and reviews supportive of energy medicine have been faulted for containing methodological flaws[20][21][22] and selection bias,[20][21] and positive therapeutic results have been dismissed as resulting from known psychological mechanisms.[20][21]

I've regularly reported on these types of ads, usually trying to sell you gold, inducing enhanced sexual performance...the whole range of life enhancements for not all that much.  So far, they have all been scams, or close to them, and I've long wondered why a daily newspaper needs to resort to this type of revenue source.

Snakeoil comes to mind, but can there possibly be a new way to reduce pain, improve memory, induce sleep, turn your hair black, cure arthritis, eliminate depression, reduce diabetes and cure Parkinson tremors?  A photo of the Dalai Lama is shown, suggesting that the process is credible.  The fact that she has been around for more than a decade must mean that she can't be illegal and her money-making system is profitable.  Here is TV clip from ten years ago.

There are a couple of Ripoff Reports, one from the owners of that technology, and another from an unhappy customer.  Her web site, Energy Enhancement System, sells things like bracelets and EEChakra Alignment Sets.


I can hardly recommend that you follow up, but maybe I should.  I could be wrong, and this might actually be entertaining.   You can register here, or call 808 628 8784, for possible openings on November 1, 2 or 4.  Maybe I'll see you there.  It will just be a five-minute The Bus ride for me.

-
Typhoon Yutu slammed into Luzon and is now in the South China Sea:



-

No comments: