Day 151 of the Lower Puna Eruption, and, well, the USGS has not yet given the all pau signal.
******************
Sunday is my movie day, and I usually try to see two. So I went to the Consolidated Ward theaters and found out that the film I had scheduled to see first was not being shown because a church had rented that auditorium for their use. The only show available in this time slot region was The House with a Clock in its Walls. Well, this was #1 last weekend (and came in at #3 this weekend), so, why not. Mistake. I fell asleep at least twice and generally found the production empty. There were moments, and people around me were laughing, but maybe my reaction was skewed by the fact that I couldn't see my first choice. Yet, Rotten Tomatoes audiences only gave THwaCiiW a 49% rating, not far from how I felt.
R-rated A Simple Favor was surprisingly good. Rotten Tomatoes bestowed excellent 84%/79% ratings.
Anna Kendrick was ideally cast as a somewhat flawed, but innocent, single-parent with a mommy blog. Blake Lively was scintillating as the mysterious "friend" of Kendrick's character. She's been acting for a dozen years and is a film away from stardom. Apparently, she was about to enter Stanford, but became an actress (her father and brother are actors). She's married to Ryan Reynolds and they have two children. Lively's film husband is Henry Golding (who is English-Malaysian), the rich guy from Singapore in Crazy Rich Asians. Paul Feig directed.
That's all I'll be saying about those films, but let me end with an addendum. Saturday Night Live opened this past weekend with Matt Damon as Judge Brett Kavanaugh. Worth your click. More seriously, the bottom line of the FBI investigation is that half a dozen key senators will need to feel sufficiently satisfied, and this could well take more than a week.
-
Typhoon Trami killed 3 in Japan, injured 200 and left more than a million without electricity. Around Hawaii, Walaka will become a Super Hurricane tomorrow, but will completely miss the state. I thought Hurricane Sergio would be following Hurricane Rosa into Baha, but the latest projection shows him strengthening into at least a Category 2 and heading for Hawaii. However, it is too soon to tell how far he will go.
-





No comments:
Post a Comment