Today, I begin a two-part series on Purgatory. My first venture into this realm was in 2014 when I speculated that 15 Craigside itself could well be that fabled transition exclave. Since then I've toyed with Hawaii being that spot, all the up to Planet Earth as the venue. In any case, clearly, the term Purgatory is merely an adumbration, and if you don't know what that means, read on.
I had one of my rare long and colorful dreams last night. It's like, toss in my two upcoming trips, with the all the potential stresses and joys, and ask my dream mind to concoct a bewildering screenplay. While not as well-written as my HuffPo of just about eight years ago, SUICIDE DREAMS, the creativity was impressive.
To repeat, next week I leave on a two-week trip to France, specifically on a tasting spree to Champagne, Bordeaux and Cognac regions. There will be a period in Paris, where I've arranged for a French Valentine's dinner, a meal on the Eiffel Tower, and my return to the original La Tour d'Argent. I've also dined several times in their Tokyo version, most recently in 2015.
Then from March 22 through May 2 I have a luxury tour of the Orient. The difference in the two is that I'm totally in charge of this second one, and was invited to join three others to France, and will need to think about the frustrations that could come from being on standby flights, an overnight ordeal from Los Angeles to Paris and wonder how serious it will be with the Yellow Vests, terrorists, pickpockets and train thieves. And oh, did you know France is at war with Italy? Sure, mostly a diplomatic spat, but still, that reminds me that the last time I took Eurail Pass, I had to suffer through several suddenly called rail strikes in both countries.
Which leads to my latest doozy of a dream:
- Everything occurred in an amalgam of Arabian Nights, Bangkok and Singapore.
- It was extremely colorful, with dark periods.
- I was in a small group, where we got confused on how to get to a French restaurant.
The dream went on for a very long period, and was more a nightmare of fearful anxieties.
Tomorrow, part 2 of life in Purgatory, which will come from some or all of the following, fraught with various degrees of fear and/or anxiety:
- Catch The Bus to the north shore to experience 60-foot waves. However, the roads could wash over, and I might not get back to Honolulu. The grid-lock of others wanting to do the same could also be terrifying. Maybe I should stay the night at Turtle Bay. The hotel began as a Del Webb, shifted to Hyatt, then Hilton, and is now, I think, owned by the Blackstone Group.
- Go to the 2019 Hawaii Cannabis Expo. The Hawaii State Legislature, having gotten medical marijuana finally legislated, appears this year to be interested in the recreational form to enhance tax revenues. My sense is that, like gambling, something about local morals will stop any serious consideration.
- Get to my University of Hawaii campus office to print out some travel information, for my home printer seems to be balking. While there, perhaps a meal at Sushi King and Rainbow Wahine softball games with St. Marys and Fresno State.
-








ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น