
My energy/environment Wednesdays will return in two months. I have a 14-day trip to France beginning next week, then a six-week journey through the Orient from March into May.
The USA has been around now for almost 243 years. The Chinese calendar is at Year 4717. Chinese legend holds that Buddha asked all the animals to meet him on New Year's Day. Twelve came. Thus we have this Year of the Pig or Boar. I guess there were dragons in those days.
Of course, I had to have a Chinese meal yesterday, for February 5 began the new year. I was having my car serviced at Pacific Honda, so walked to The Mandalay.
I was curious about a special tea set next to my table. The person in charge used what must have been a very expensive tea. Da Mong Pao tea has been sold at a cost of 30 times its weight in gold, or $1400/gram. A pot of tea would then cost $10,000. Interesting that the first batch was thrown away. He then kept filling hot water for several more pots, using the same tea. It was a lot of work, which his table of eleven did not show any particular emotion of special thanks.
This was so busy a day that Mandalay, a Cantonese restaurant, did not serve Shanghai Soup Dumplings, which take too much effort. So I ordered scallops/spinach dumplings, beef pastry buns and custard tart, with Tsingtao Beer and White Label Scotch to enhance the dumplings:
I brought the scotch, and paid $20 for the entire meal, including a generous tip and tax. I had two buns left over, so had them nicely packed. On the way out I noticed that the line went outside the door.
I gave those baos to my Pacific Honda interface. Must have had a positive influence, for he charged me nothing for the safety and air-conditioning check.
-





ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น