Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

HAWAII MYSTERY WOMAN #2?

Possible Hawaii Mystery Woman #2 came into my life in the colonoscopy recovery room just a few days ago.  We chatted for less than five minutes, with both of us still in an anesthetic daze.  However, we exchanged business cards because we both once belonged to Chaine des Rotisseurs, a gourmet society, headed by Bruce Liebert, a common friend.
  
Well, after I left the room--something I later learned--someone named Peter came in after his procedure, who was into financing, and she heads a financial management group.  They talked about their field at some length.  How do I know this?

The next day, I got an e-mail from this MW2 candidate, asking me out to lunch, but she starts the message with Dear Peter.  I figured something was awry, but, heck, a possible free lunch, and she had epicurean tastes.  We met at Orchids.  I'm not sure if she thought I was a possible future client, or what.  I think we both remain confused, certainly about the Peter and Pat thing.

But we had an enjoyable lunch with generous libations.  We seem to have many common acquaintances, like Dudley Pratt, Doc Buyers and other leaders of the community, some who died a long time ago.  Perhaps she was still a little loopy, so I thought I'd show her in the Style app using the Psychedelic mode to shield her identity.  That's her salad  in front of her.

We both had onaga.  As it seems like there is a mystery woman for trips, what about one for fine lunch cuisine, especially as MW1 does not do lunch.  As you know, if you keep up with this site, I not too long ago almost totally changed my attitude about life, and after a lifetime of mostly service to others, decided that I would now only look out for myself.  She also went through a similar epiphany, so that indeed is some coincidence.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, MM2 now mostly lives in Arizona, and only every so often returns to Honolulu.  I'm obligated to pay for our next meal, which won't be for many months to come, for she left for home today.  Here we are in the Style of Seurat.  You can barely recognize it, but in the background is Diamond Head, and we are very close to where the masthead photo of this blog site was shot.

-

No comments: