From Worldometer, COVID-19 new deaths:
DAY USA WORLD Brazil India South Africa
June 9 1093 4732 1185 246 82
July 5 251 3572 535 421 173
7 993 5504 1312 479 192
12 380 4118 659 500 108
15 1001 5760 1261 614 107
19 412 4606 715 675 85
22 1205 7128 1293 1120 572
26 450 4307 556 715 114
Aug 1 1462 6429 1191 765 193
3 467 4430 514 514 213
Aug 1 1462 6429 1191 765 193
3 467 4430 514 514 213
5 1362 6292 1394 849 345
10 534 4813 593 1013 198
12 1504 6556 1242 835 130
16 522 4525 582 961 162
18 1358 6312 1365 1089 280
12 1504 6556 1242 835 130
16 522 4525 582 961 162
18 1358 6312 1365 1089 280
24 510 4356 679 854 100
25 1290 5856 1215 1066 149
30 369 4182 398 960 47
Sept 3 1094 5886 830 1083 174
4 1033 5814 855 1066 115
5 707 4822 646 1044 101
6 432 4129 456 1008 110
8 496 4477 516 1107 82
9 1208 6222 1136 1168 82
Sept 3 1094 5886 830 1083 174
4 1033 5814 855 1066 115
5 707 4822 646 1044 101
6 432 4129 456 1008 110
8 496 4477 516 1107 82
9 1208 6222 1136 1168 82
Summary: Just when you thought all was getting better, new deaths jumped to where they were last month. Scarily, the new cases/day figure for India is now up to 95,529, and they don't do all that much testing.
Surely I can't be inconveniencing anyone, but my grand finale of rock concert films is again being delayed because I thought I would first finish viewing a couple more of them. Maybe tomorrow or Saturday.
Surely I can't be inconveniencing anyone, but my grand finale of rock concert films is again being delayed because I thought I would first finish viewing a couple more of them. Maybe tomorrow or Saturday.
I was asked by several people what did I have for my birthday dinner. Initially, I was embarrassed, but on afterthought, rationalized that what I did was good for Planet Earth and Humanity. To begin, my body is like the United Nations. It doesn't matter who is in charge. Limbs and muscles do whatever they want. This is why my golf game is mediocre.
Well, on Sunday, with great anticipation, I was looking forward to having a Japanese wagyu beef, sashimi and foie gras birthday party. I opened the fridge, and saw all the food that was accumulating. Of course this is a waste, but decided to throw away as much as possible.
A part of my brain then suggested, why not have leftovers for my birthday. Do something humanitarian this day that commemorates my 80th. Pretty soon there was a consensus, and this is what I had, watching a baseball game:
The drinks were first class:
Hibiki whiskey and an expensive Cabernet Sauvignon from Stanford. The meal was mostly vegetarian, with cheese and a croissant. That plate of brown circular things is salami, which must have been around for a couple of months. So I fried the pieces to make sure any bad germs were killed.
Incredibly, I must be changing, but this meal was eminently satisfying. And everything was a leftover from a previous one, including the drinks. No birthday cake, but I do have a piece of custard pie waiting for me. Plus, I still have the wagyu/sashimi/foie gras ready for another celebration. Maybe tonight to kick-off the NFL season.
The NFL season starts today, at 8:20PM EDT (2:20PM if you live in Hawaii). No problem that this falls just around my nap time. I'll record the game, watch later tonight and skip the commercials.
A lot of questions. Will they be wearing masks? No doubt civil rights will become prominent. Trump will be pissed.
I alert you to this happening, for you can still add an NFL fantasy team, right now. The other day I selected three on ESPN. Today, I went to the NFL site and drafted a fourth. First time with this link. Made two mistakes. Chose players who remain questionable. Watch out for that small yellow circle with a Q. Don't pick those players. However, you can right now go to:
- NFL fantasy
- Click on Don't wait, start your season. Click to draft your team now! You might need to wait until enough competitors sign up. It'll take only a few minutes, if not seconds. Need to get up to 10. In the meantime, you can read the details. Also, you can click on TEST THE DRAFT CLIENT to see if you computer is ready to do this.
- As I was there, I picked a second NFL team. I was #9 out of ten in the snake sequence, and #1 is much better, as I was the first time. However, I did not select a possibly injured player. But I had two QBs at the end of round three. A huge mistake, for people don't select quarterbacks until rounds three or four or five. Running backs are the prized commodity in fantasy football. It took about half an hour, after which NFL sent me an e-mail and woke me up with the following score:
|
ALTHOUGH THEY STRETCHED FOR SOME EARLY PICKS, HONOLULU HOPES TO FACTOR HEAVILY INTO THE PLAYOFF PICTURE
| Draft Grade | Proj Record | Proj Finish |
| B | 7-7 | T5 |
Fantasy baseball tends to be rather stressful, requiring intense concentration. I drafted my first two NFL teams on ESPN while watching Rachel Maddow interview Michael Cohen, of DISLOYAL fame. Here is a 12-minute portion of the nearly hour-long discussion.
Kinda boring, but if you're from Hawaii, lived in the Los Angeles area, and now and then went to Las Vegas, you'll enjoy this 11-minute segment. You might know some of them.
This is September 10, and I noticed one more straggling sunburst bloomed on my lanai, the finale of this season:
I had an aquarium with half a dozen guppies. One day, they all died, but left some babies. About a dozen. Let's see how they will grow with time:
Let me thus end with some incredible sea life:
I had an aquarium with half a dozen guppies. One day, they all died, but left some babies. About a dozen. Let's see how they will grow with time:
Let me thus end with some incredible sea life:
-















ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น