My past day or so began with a double rainbow at 15 Craigside:
Then to another side of the building to the other end of the rainbow:
Didn't quite reach the other pot. Had my flu shot, which, if this is possible, was completely painless.
Then, on to Waikiki to spend the night at the Waikiki Marriott and view the AVP Beach Volleyball tournament at the foot of the Hilton rainbow, plus the premier of Hawaii Five-O.
After a masterful performance at check-in, I finally got the room I desired: one with a view of the 5-0 screen on the beach at Waikiki:
That area in red to the left is where the 5-0 festivities will occur. That Waikiki Pier? That's where I took the Blood Moon Eclipse earlier this year.
The mauka (mountain, with the other side of Diamond Head) view, in the general direction of where I'll be golfing later today:
Lunchtime, so I went downstairs to Arancino:
I tend to order Caesar salad, Spaghetti Bolognese and a glass of red wine, something I've done more than a hundred times in all my trips. The service was slow, but this combo was about as good as it can get.
After a nap, I walked over to the AVP Hawaii Beach Volleyball Open, being played at the foot of the Hilton Hawaiian Village rainbow. Some qualification matches occurred yesterday, and the tournament continues through Sunday. FREE! Some stars with Hawaii ties.
Looking in the Diamond Head and Ewa directions:
I was mesmerized by the scene and stayed through sunset:
At the other end of Waikiki Beach last night was the premiere of Hawaii 5-0. My knees are not in optimal shape, so I caught The Bus to the Waikiki Pier. There were too many people for me get any kind of view:
I walked back to my room, took a shower, and had my dinner with 5-0:
Remarkably, that's the screen from my room, and amazingly enough, the sound carried to my dinner table:
The beer was Mickey's and the wine, the most expensive Stanford bottle from my collection, a Lindenhurst Cab. The sandwich was Italian, with a giant salad.
This was the first Hawaii 5-0 I've seen in two years, and with no commercials.
Breakfast came with my room, and I way over ate:
I was planning on a croissant and cappuccino, with a memorable lanai lunch before golf. However, now, as Burger King is across the street, I'll see if they have that Impossible Burger, which I'll have with beer and the expensive Cabernet Sauvignon. As you know, this is not a hamburger. It was created in a lab.
-
The only ocean storm of possible serious consequence is Jerry, now a Category 2 hurricane, with a track for the Bermudas, which was mostly missed by Hurricane Humberto:
-


























ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น