On Saturday, my posting ended with Princess cruises. I'll continue, for I will be on a Diamond Princess cruise from November 29 to December 7. Leaves from Yokohama, and stops on the Okinawa main island, Ishigaki and Taiwan.
The ship was built 15 years ago in Nagasaki at a cost of half a billion dollars. The crew of 1,100 serves 2,670 passengers.
As 60% of the passengers are typically from Japan, the offerings are somewhat catered to their needs. Available are a design-your-own ramen bar and a make-your-own-sushi station, as well as miso soup, tofu items and other Japanese-influenced dishes. In addition, there is a specialty-dining Japanese restaurant. Something close to an onsen is available. Karaoke sessions are popular, and there is also Hawaiian entertainment.
Our trip will also include a one-week, green car, Japan Rail Pass adventure. beginning on November 22 to view Fall colors, stopping for the night in Tokyo, Sendai, Matsumoto, Nagoya, Kyoto and Hiroshima.
Let me know if you wish to join us for one or the other or both. I can send you our list of hotels and tour details. It's alway a lot more fun with friends on board the ship or train.
I've never been on a Princess cruise, but lower cost is a desirable factor. I'm not much of cruise fan, but have been on Crystal to and from Auckland-Honolulu, Tokyo to Honolulu and Vancouver-Alaska. Holland America through the Panama Canal, Royal Caribbean in the Caribbean, Oceania throughout the Mediterranean, Tauck European rivers and a couple of Norwegians around the Hawaiian Islands.
-
-
We would have huge problems if this were to occur two months from today, when we board the Diamond Princess. Typhoon Mitag, now at Category 2, will mostly miss Taiwan, batter Okinawa islands like Miyakojima, bring rain and some winds to China south of Shanghai, then head for southern South Korea, with Cheju Island at risk.





ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น