I don't recall ever being in a constant state of euphoria for eleven weeks. This all began when I thought I wouldn't be able to walk again.
I just noticed Pearl's rabbit in a rainbow. She was born in the year of the rabbitAnd speaking of rainbows, I yesterday saw an incredibly colorful one while walking at the Ala Wai Golf Course. Here, my neighbor John under that Rainbow.
Today is a great day for TV-watching, for the University of Hawaii soon after noon will play the University of Nevada at Las Vegas in the Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic.
Then at 5:30, Hawaii takes on Louisiana Tech in the Hawaii Bowl. I could go to both, for tickets remain available, but it's free on TV, both on some ESPN channel.
While I have long posted on happiness, the frequency of this topic increased after I moved into 15 Craigside. Here are just two:
- Happiness (22Nov18)
- Pursuit of Happiness (2July13)
For some, happiness comes from material possessions, including money. Reputation, good looks, power, good health and friends/family can also be important. Then, of course, religion can bring full enlightenment, or, at least a sense of peace.

Can't leave out chemicals, for Scientific American this month reported on octopuses taking MDMA--3.4-methylelnedioxy-methamphetamine--the party drug known more popularly as Molly or Ecstasy-- being very happy. Researchers reported that these tripping cephalopods can help us better understand the roots of sociability. Our minds act similarly, for MDMA binds to transporter proteins in neurons, increasing the availability of the signaling chemical serotonin. A flood of serotonin produces feelings of euphoria and sociability.
Mind you, there is an opioid crisis, and, while pain and insomnia can influence one to take them, this sense of being super high can be addictive and lethal. Former University of Hawaii football star Vincent Manuwai (#67) earlier this month left 6 children and a wife at the age of 38 from Ecstasy and cocaine poisoning.
While euphoria comes and goes for all, and this pure sense of happiness I'm experiencing I know will disappear when something terrible occurs, just this continuously long period of being near rapture will be a blessing I'll forever appreciate. Some say that is how everyone feels in Heaven, but my current state of belief in such a place has not wavered much from zero. In the meantime, happiness in Purgatory is real and delightful. Snoopy and I have something in common.
In case you missed it, the next World Happiness Summit occurs in Miami next year:
-







ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น