From NASA:
The next full Moon will be on Monday morning, June 17, 2019, appearing "opposite" the Sun (in Earth-based longitude) at 4:31 AM EDT. The Moon will appear full for about three days around this time, from Saturday night through Tuesday morning.
This will be a special full Moon, called Honey Moon, Mead Moon, Rose Moon or Strawberry Moon, depending on traditional source. Notwithstanding all that, the unusual attraction is that Jupiter tracks the Moon during this full moon period. Here is a photo by Mike Wall from Space.com the early morning of 12June2019 over New York City:
How do I know all this? I went to the bathroom last night at around 2AM and noticed shadows. So I walked to my window overlooking Honolulu and not only saw what I thought was a full Moon, but, right besides, a star, which I later learned was Jupiter. That diagram to the right was for 21 May 2019. So Jupiter has been sticking to the Moon for some time.
Anyway, I got out my pocket camera and tripod to capture this remarkable view. I'm relatively new at night (yes, it's there in daylight also) moon shots, so when I first set everything up, my camera told me in Japanese that something was wrong. I changed to another SONY. I remembered the settings:
- SCN
- click on the moon
Something is out of focus, and I don't know what. Here is just the Moon, with reasonably good definition:
Through leaves:
I'll e-mail Scott, our Photo Club mentor. Maybe he'll be able to suggest something for early tomorrow morning, as that is when the Honey Moon will be at peak for this cycle. Actually, this phenomenon adds Saturn, for on June 18 and 19:
Then, of course, June 21 is the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year, if you're in the northern hemisphere:
What should you do on this revered day? Go to Stonehenge:
What should you do on this revered day? Go to Stonehenge:
-












No comments:
Post a Comment