Sure looked like a lunar eclipse, and those web things are the top of trees from La Ferme, our dining choice:
I ordered a Kir and beer, plus shared their Bordeaux:
Foie gras for my appetizer, and a portion of a Camembert salad:
For the entre, an enormous lamb shank, plus some steak:
I asked what was the house dessert specialty, which came with a very long name. Turned out to be French Toast:
While it was the best I ever had, it was still disappointing. All in all a most enjoyable French farmhouse meal.
Elvis at our motel. Note the 43 Euro cost. The current exchange rate is 1 E for $1.13.
My breakfast:
You can make your own soft to hard boiled egg here:
We took a trip to the Atlantic Ocean for oysters, said by Elvis to be the best in the world. Our car:
We stopped off at some sand dunes, Grand Site de la Dune du Pilat:
The climb in sand seemed daunting, plus, I was wearing slippers, so I skipped this portion of our outing. Here, after the climb and back, Elvis looking for a t-shirt or semething: I don't think he bought the yellow shirt. Expand it to see what it says.
We finally made it to Arcachon, and my Blue-Bar Pigeon greeted us:
Best artichoke I've ever seen, and the berries looked good, too:
Red endives. Our lunch spot was appropriately enough called:
Two dozen raw oysters, smoked salmon and top shell. They don't have horse radish, catsup, lemon and tabasco sauce. Here, a flavored vinegar and a kind of mayonnaise. I've long been avoiding oysters, but the raw ones here were truly outstanding. We then went walking on the pier, and noticed that oysters are growing everywhere:
Back to Bruges in Borsdeaux, we were met by my Blue-Bar Pigeon at St. Andre (Andrew in English) Cathedral:
We went inside:
Then had a drink in the courtyard:
The temperature must have been in the 40's. Close by was an outdoor pedestrian mall:
Then back for another drink:
We stopped at a super supermarket and saw Bordeaux at 1.90 E, so bought a bottle.
Drank it in our room and found it to be okay, but without much body and character. But Bordeaux for $2.15/bottle!
After a short return to our motel, we went to L'Aquitania for dinner:
Pan-fried foie gras on risotto, plus part of an excellent Black Angus, with Bordeaux.
We ended the evening at a casino:
Tomorrow, Chateau Lafite Rochschild.
-






































No comments:
Post a Comment