I'm now approaching a million views on this blog site. I started out nearly eight years ago only covering renewable energy and the environment. Then, it occurred to me that my book on SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for Humanity also provided incentive to report on international affairs, religion, space, nutrition and travel. These became the most pinged on rather than energy. A year or so ago I made a tally, and the postings to the right were the most viewed, and although I'm not really sure what those numbers mean, you get a rough sense of popularity.
Some high and low lights:
- My very first article on 29 April 2008 entitled SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for Planet Earth and Humanity only is up to the number 13.
- Two weeks later My Life is up to 101.
- On 8 June 2008, Update on Peak Oil and Global Warming shows 3. I find it hard to believe that in eight years this posting only has been seen by three people, so, clearly, those numbers must stand for something else.
- But on 12 June 2008, Geospas shows 518.
- 30 June 2008, History of OTEC, 597.
- 19 September 2008, So What Will Happen to Seattle? (has to do with a Mega-Tsunami generated in Hawaii), 662. Photo.
- 17 November 2008, Chapter 1. Crime and Wars, 1....yes, one.
- Then in July of 2009
- 9 November 2009, Fall of the Berlin Wall and End of the Cold War, 7037.
- 12 December 2009, The True Cost of Energy, 1598. Wow, an energy posting.
- 7 February 2010, India Sucks, 5752.
- 14 November 2010, Mary Jane and Magic Mushrooms, 2984.
- 4 November 2010, The Masai, 5148.
- 8 November 2010, The Wonder of Qatar, 21651.
- 30 December 2010, The Best Places in the World: Jewels of the American East, 13204
- 8 January 2011, The Magic of Truffles, 5692.
- 9 March 2011, The Marina Bay Sands, 2159.
- 14 April 2011, Recent HuffPos, 5803.
- 10 May 2011, Simple Solutions Essays. The Venus Syndrome (Part 1), 3992.
- 18 May 2011, What is the Future of Windpower in Hawaii?, 2996. Wow, another energy one.
- 13 July 2011, Snakes in Hawaii, 6181. Interestingly they are all female, and are only almost blind.
- 15 July 2011, The Future of Geothermal Energy, 8605. Another energy.
- 2 September 2011, Simple Solutions for Japan, 5010.
- 8 September 2011, About that Giant Filipino Crocodile, 7340
- 1 March 2012, Can the Whale Shark Replace Cattle?, 7046
- 16March 2012, Honohono and Cattleya Orchids, 4606
- 24 June 2012, Where are the Osaka Whale Sharks???, 6171
- 13 November 2012, Skyfall, 5379
- 18 October 2013, Can You Get Vivid Dreams with Garcinia Cambogia?, 5499
I could go on and on, but let me end with a few recent postings:
- 18 February 2016, The Future of Carbon-Free Next Generation Aviation: Part 3--Hydrogen Planes, 1.
- 27 January 2016, How Close is Science to Stopping Aging?, 66.
- 2 January 2016, Global Cruse 2018: Any Interest?, 119.
These numbers look low, but two will grow over time.
No one might comment below, but I'll get a few e-mails. If there is no landslide of opinion, I'll just do what I have being doing for almost eight years: arrive at my computer in the morning and post on whatever's on my mind....daily.
-








1 comment:
Post a Comment