Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 20, 2009

ANOTHER JOURNEY BEGINS

Well, the ride from Honolulu was semi-bumpy thanks to Super Typhoon Choi-Wan, which is quickly weakening and moving away from Japan. It's now Monday afternoon, September 22, at Narita Airport. I'm stuck here for five hours, but what a place to wait. I was upgraded to First Class, and if you've been to the Red Carpet Club here, there is a higher floor about the same size, but with a lot more food, a wider assortment of drinks and almost total privacy. While the lower floor must have more than a hundred scurrying about, there are only around five people on this entire floor.

My snack consists of maguro and hirame sushi, Castello blue cheese, soba, cream corn soup, beer and sake. Yes, that's a hot towel.

I read where there was a major riot close to my hotel in Bangkok today, even though it was raining so much the city is flooded. More thunderstorms and a high of 93 are predicted for tomorrow. Great! I hope to reach my hotel at about 1AM, which will be 23 hours after I left home. I'll continue this tomorrow.
-
There are two minor disturbances, one each in the East Pacific and mid-Atlantic.
-

No comments: