จำนวนการดูหน้าเว็บรวม

วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 12 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2561

ON EUPHORIA, ULTIMATE HAPPINESS AND DEATH

Day 71 of the Lower Puna Eruption, this beginning of week 11 brings the home destruction tally past 700, mostly from fissure #8.  People stress is building, as the Hawaii County Police Department has now been called 118 times to the Pahoa Shelter and 21 times to Keaau.

**************

Yesterday I celebrated Pearl's life for the tenth time.  Her sister, Doris, dropped off a flower:



I began the day walking 18 holes at Ala Wai, then went to Happy Days and picked up a Peking Duck package, plus dried scallop soup, which I shared with the 15 Craigside table I join on Wednesday nights.

There are seven on our table, but I'll maintain their privacy (15 Craigside largely prohibits photos in the Dining Room).  In addition to Prosecco (Italian Champagne), that is a 95 Parker-rated Cabernet Sauvignon, which the person you see in the shorts brought (yes, we can wear whatever we want, even for dinner), plus you can barely see the bottle of Johnny Walker Black label being poured into the soup.


I have been in a constant of state of euphoria for a week now.  I vaguely remember feeling similarly ecstatic when I first met my wife.  Sort of like spring fever (Jeanne Crain, but voice of Louanne Hogan), but today, more cheerful.  How long did that last?  Don't remember.  

In a way, I think about Michael Ketterer, who recently got a golden buzzer in America's Got Talent, from Simon Cowell, no less.  He and his wife adopted foster children, including a paraplegic, to give all six of them hope.  I feel like one of his children who can now dream in comfort.  

C'mon...click on Michael Ketterer.  Oh, heck, here are the five golden buzzers this year, the final one by Howie Mandel truly is worthy of your precious time.

So what is this posting all about?  We have no say about our birth, and most treat death in the same way.  Sure, you have a choice about life support systems and so on, but how many of you think about optimizing your death?  After the trauma of the past few weeks, I came to a conclusion that I want to go in euphoria with a feeling of ultimate happiness. 

For many, religion provides a Heaven, and, perhaps that is your plan.  Whether the reward for Muslim terrorists is 72 virgins or raisins, surely, someone a long time ago made this all up.  In fact, for the longest time now I have placed religion as one of Humanity's greatest inventions.  Everything is linked to faith, which cannot really be challenged, and 84% of the world population today believe.

Well, I have strong doubts, sufficiently so that I would like to plan my end.  Not suicide.  That would be too stressful and probably painful, too.  More so, I would like my life to end in ultimate happiness and euphoria.  How?  Stay tuned.

-

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: