จำนวนการดูหน้าเว็บรวม

วันเสาร์ที่ 31 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2555

EMINENTLY USEFUL INFORMATION

1.  If it is Leap Year (like this one we're now in), there is a U.S. President Election (6November 2012) and world Summer Olympics (London XXX--#30 if you don't know how to read Roman numerals--Olympiad from 27July to 12August2012, 204 participating entities, 4700 medals).

2.  One of my three cable boxes blacked out this week, so I had it changed.  I did not notice that it showed 480i, and so did the other two I've had for years.  Well, I just learned that the box should read 1080i.  Why?  First, analog sets ceased to be functional three years ago.  480i (resolution of this many lines for regular, meaning old, TV sets--the i stands for interlaced, while p is for progressive scan, only used for the early version plasma screens) is for the older NON-High Definition TVs.  Most of you have by now moved on to HD, so you need to convert your box to 1080i.  Does the picture look better?  Well, the 480i setting looked pretty good to me, actually, but the 1080i should be better, I guess.  Frankly, I couldn't tell much difference, if any, but this could be because these new TVs are smarter than you think and might be automatically converting the signal to 1080i even though the box says otherwise.  But you should nevertheless make this change to 1080i by calling Oceanic at 643-2337 if this is your cable company.  At least the technician on the phone suggested so.

3.  Can you believe that 15 million to 70 million mobile phones are lost or stolen each year?  That 70 million is cited to be phones lost just in the USA, so something is wrong with these statistics.  In any case, that is a lot of pain involved, with the highest loss/stolen rate occurring in cities with the highest crime rate.  Do you have a password for the data you store in your phone?  Yikes, I don't.  Going to have to visit the Apple store as soon as possible.

4.  You've of course heard of Susan Boyle.  Anytime you can one-up Simon Cowell and have him eat his words, although his comeback was priceless, your day is made.  Even Piers Morgan was stunned.  Now, however, Britain's Got Talent has Jonathan and Charlotte.  Jonathan, the male teenage version of Susan (who gets to 51 tomorrow) is 17 years old, while Charlotte is 16 and will at some point just become Jonathan's manager.  Again, Cowell's supercilious attitude is  vanquished.  If you click on their performance, tears will be drawn, guaranteed.

-

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: