Welcome country #173:BOTSWANA POPULATION: 1,990,876
I've been waiting a long time for my first visit from Botswana. Why? We are antipodes. Huh? If I go from Hawaii straight through the center of our planet and through, I end up in Botswana...more specifically, the Kalahari Desert. If you dig a hole to the other side from Japan, you end up in South America. Hmmm...I wonder if Machu Picchu is close? Here is the global antipodal map: ![]() Sad to say that any land site in the Continental USA has an antipode in the ocean. I'm currently scheduled to join Ed Jurkens, not quite there, but in reach of gaining Centenarian status in the not too distant future, for a safari to our antipode this Fall. If we don't do it now we will get too old. | ||||||||||
วันอังคารที่ 5 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2554
COUNTRY #173: BOTSWANA
สมัครสมาชิก:
ส่งความคิดเห็น (Atom)










ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น