จำนวนการดูหน้าเว็บรวม

วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 19 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2553

LA MER AT HALEKULANI

I had a fabulous anniversary dinner tonight at La Mer.  This was Pearl's very favorite restaurant.  I sat at a table with an ideal view of Diamond Head, Waikiki Beach, Kanoe Miller and Paahana.

As you know, a bunch of free dishes come, and the meal starts with a Piper-Heidsiek champagne, then a puff pastry.  My first course was a California chardonnay with a foie gras, very good, actually, but paled in comparison with the uber FG at Gary Danko's earlier this week in San Francisco.  This was followed by a spectacular wagyu beef plate, in quarters, with a Chateau Margaux:


Note that there is a setting for Pearl with champagne.  I halfway expected a guest to appear, but...  Anyway, the steak was good, except that the bone marrow was white and the fat of the Japanese beef also white.  Chef Garnier needs to add a heating coil below the right hand portion of the plate so that the appropriate transparency can be maintained.

The service was impeccable.  The dinner ended with their Symphony of showcase desserts and a sauternes, close to a Chateau d'Yquem.  I also drank Pearl's champagne.

-

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: