จำนวนการดูหน้าเว็บรวม

วันจันทร์ที่ 22 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2552

ETERNAL LIFE (Part 11)

The following concludes the segment on The M Curse.  Of course, to be further provided will be the portion of Chapter 2 from SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for Humanity dealing with the science of eternal life.


         The Curse Mutates

 

To summarize, then, the two most important researchers, Mitsui and McKinley, have died. I then retired, but as a “T,” in my mind, I was never in jeopardy. President Mortimer resigned and moved to the State of Washington. But a short two weeks after official notification by NSF of the award, Dr. Zaborsky resigns and is replaced by Alexander Malahoff. Yikes, Malahoff  directing MarBEC.  A double “M.” I shared my M Curse theory with Alex, and, I understand, that might have spooked him, although I'm sure he understood that I certainly did not believe in things like curses. Well, after a relatively brief stint, he resigned and left for New Zealand on sabbatical, where he was incapacitated by some heart condition. As far as I know, though, he is still alive, and, perhaps, is well. Maybe he left just in time.

 

What began as the greatest hope for the future economic development of Hawaii became a Ship of Madness. I would rather not go into the details, but the National Science Foundation served as God or the Devil and killed MarBEC after a period of five years. Worse, soon after leaving the University of Hawaii, Oskar was hit with an incurable degenerating nerve disease, and recently passed away.

 

I began writing THE M CURSE as a docu-novel soon after I retired, but was warned by the University of Hawaii lawyer, Walter Kirimitsu, who later went on to become the President of Chaminade University, that there might be some legal ramifications if I were to continue. Warned is too severe a statement, it was more me asking and he playing the role of a protective university lawyer. Thus, I sanitized the whole thing and insert it here as a condensation. This is a good a time as any to now approach the matter of eternal life itself.


(It is appearing, though, that the people associated with MarBEC have recovered well, and belong to several other new acronyms.  Perhaps that was the value and fate of, for me, the what I still consider to be the greatest National Science Foundation program that could have had a monumental difference for the State of Hawaii.)

-

The Dow Jones Industrials dropped 201 today to 8339.  World markets virtually all fell.  Oil dropped to $67/barrel and gold sunk $13/toz to $922.

-

Tropical Storm Andres off the Mexican coast, will continue on a northwest track, then turn west.  In the West Pacific Tropical Depression Linfa, at 35 MPH, is bringing rain to south Kyushu.  There is another tropical depression at 35 MPH east of the Philippines, and will move west into the islands.

-

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: