จำนวนการดูหน้าเว็บรวม

วันจันทร์ที่ 5 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2552

-
The following is Part 4 of what started on December 31, 2008. This was my message to my Peak Oil and Global Warming friends today:
-
Dear Colleagues:

Interesting that not one person reacted to my message about why I feel that nothing will happen anytime soon about combating Peak Oil and Global Warming because there is no obvious crisis to influence decision-makers. So, I thought I'd go national and publish this view in
The Huffington Post. You can now comment there, but, after 36 postings in that virtual newspaper, I have observed that most of the resultant responses, save for a precious few, are either naive or deprecatory. I actually tracked some of the latter and found out why. The negative reactions to my global warming messages, for example, generally come from organizations like the Heartland Foundation (and they exist in myriad forms, usually with humanitarian sounding names) funded by the oil industry. My direct methanol fuel cell article was dumped on by an individual, who I later learned, had long been advocating the sodium borohydride fuel cell, and was bitter for being largely ignored by government and industry.

I became a regular contributor to the Huffington Post because I thought, surely, people concerned about Peak Oil and Global Warming would provide instant comments, galvanizing a movement to make a difference. Maybe even replace those so last generation protest marches. Nope, that did not work. A glimmer of potential came when I sent some of you my HuffPo on "Simple Solutions for 2009," and ask that you send this posting to your colleagues. That resulted in the train of comments from most of you, but only to the choir--us.

So, this time, why don't you send the above article to your entire mailing list. Of course, if you disagree with me about the necessity of crises, or, maybe feel that what I am saying is too depressing, in that nothing will happen until the SHTF, then, I implore you to come up with that magical solution for all of us to send to our mailing list. Just communicating to ourselves might be satisfying to some of you, but we can do so much more. We can make a difference!

Aloha.

Pat
-
To expand the reach, I also sent the following:
-
Dear Colleagues:

As you widen the network with your mailing list, there are two electronic contact points possibly worthy of your submission, no pun intended, but both are nevertheless similar to a powerball lottery. Better yet, send them to Barack Obama himself, if you have that channel available.

1. To become one of the ten Obama supporters winning a trip to his inauguration, simply write a short essay.

2. Or, you can communicate with his appropriate transition team. Note that they want real stamped letters...no doubt to reduce the input.

If enough people (about a million would do) send similar messages, something will click. Of course, when you send in your e-mail, that becomes a source of fundraising for our President-Elect. But another frequent spam or two should be at the noise level for most of us.

Aloha.

Pat
-
The Dow Jones Industrials dropped almost 1% today, minus 82 to 8953. World markets all rose. Let's see if they all decrease tomorrow, playing copy cat to America. Crude oil increased $2.16/barrel to $48.50. Gold fell $17/toz to $859.
-

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: