- Japan Nikkei jumped over 9%.
- Hong Kong rose 2%.
- You would think the Shanghai Stock Exchange would look miserable...but to the contrary:
- 13September2024 2704
- 5November2025 3386
- 9January2025 3169
- 14March2025 3024
- 1April2025 3350
- 14April2025 3263 (today, up 26, or 0.76%)
- In Europe, FTSE 100 +2.14%, DAX +2.85% and CAC 40 +2.37%.
About the topic of today, should elders take Vitamin B Complex supplements? The answer is yes. The World Health Organization says anyone 65 and older is elderly.
During the past couple of years, I resorted to riding a golf cart, and still felt fatigued. When I went on a trip, I easily got tired and had to sit a while. Well I am 84.
I mentioned this to my doctor, and he recommended I purchase a bottle of Vitamin B12, 500 micrograms (mcg), and take one pill/day. Medical plans do not pay for this medication. But 100 pills cost less than $10. Yes, 10 cents/pill. I began doing this a month ago, and amazingly enough, I now do not have a stamina problem. Interestingly enough, a 5000 mcg bottle with 240 capsules costs $16, or 7 cents/pill.
I should have just stopped there, but investigating further:
- Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause these symptoms.
- Alzheimer’s
- Multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders
- Mental illnesses like depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder
- Cardiovascular disease
- Autoimmune disease
- Cancer
- Memory loss, cognitive decline, foggy brain, decreased mobility and pain throughout the body.
- Wow, that's scary. Some physical signs of VB12 deficiency include.
- Tingling or numbness in the hands, legs, or feet
- Difficulty walking
- Anemia
- Swollen, inflamed tongue
- Yellowed skin
- Paranoia or hallucinations
- Fatigue
- Weaker red blood cell formation, lower metabolism, impaired nerve functioning, and weaker bone health.
- Sometimes it's best not to look into these matters. I was just lacking stamina.
Vitamin B complex encompasses a group of water-soluble vitamins vital for various bodily functions. This includes energy metabolism, nerve function, cell production and DNA synthesis. The group consists of eight distinct vitamins, each with its unique role:
- Vitamin B12, or Cobalamin
- Vitamin B9, or Folic Acid
- Vitamin B7, or Biotin
- Vitamin B6, or Pyridoxine
- Vitamin B5, or Pantothenic Acid
- Vitamin B3, or Niacin
- Vitamin B2, or Riboflavin
- Vitamin B1, or Thiamine
- There once were B4, 8, 10, 11 and others, but were found to be not essential for life.
- From Amazon, Life Extension Bioactive Complete B-Complex, Heart, Brain and Nerve Support, Healthy Energy, Metabolism, Complete B Complex, 60 Vegetarian Capsules, $9, or 15 cents/pill.
- B vitamins are found in abundance in meat, eggs and dairy products, particular turkey, tuna and liver. I consume a lot all of them, except I don't very much like turkey, and about liver, only eat foie gras.
- Sugar and white flour have lower B content, so buy enriched flour. Minimize sugar.
- Most vegetables and some fruits have a lot of B vitamins. I maybe overeat vegetables to minimize weight loss.
- Interestingly enough B12 is not much found in plant products. As much salad I was consuming, I still failed to get sufficient Vitamin B12!
- Yet, B12 is in moderate abundance in fermented vegetable products and certain seaweeds and mushrooms.
- Those on a vegan diet need supplemental B12.
- One confusion is that some B12 variants are good for bacteria, but not humans.
- THE REASON WHY THE ELDERLY NEED A VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT IS THAT THEIR BODY DOES NOT ABSORB B VITAMINS WELL, ESPECIALLY B12.
- Another confusion is that all sources say that seniors should take at least 2.4 mcg/day of Vitamin B12. But why is the recommended dosage 500 mcg? The best I can figure is that the digestive tract only absorbs 0.5% of what you take. The rest is wasted.
- Another question is, why do people tell me, don't buy Vitamin B12, get Vitamin B12 MF.
- Well, this complicates matters.
- Vitamin B12 is cyanocobalamin, a synthetic form of B12. In the body, it breaks down into methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin. Both are necessary.
- Vitamin B12MF is methylcobalamin, the natural compound Thus, if you only take the MF version, you should combine that with yet another pill that provides adenosylcobalamin:
- Doing internet research sometimes worsens the understanding. Turns out that there are four types of Vitamin B12.
- This link says VB12
-
















No comments:
Post a Comment