Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

PAT'S DAY OFF

I've been blogging daily as long as it took me to get from kindergarten to a senior in  high school.  While I then had weekends, holidays and summers off, this self-imposed duty to you never took a day off.  One of my favorite films is Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  Today, I will mostly take it easy and only show interesting photos sent to me by readers and other sweet nothings.

Marilyn Monroe, who passed away in 1962 at the age of 36, was married three times.  The first at 16 to a Los Angeles police officer, James Dougherty:


Here is a manta ray landed off New Jersey in 1933:


Manta rays can get as large as 29 feet wide.  Here is a 26-footer off Peru:


Horrible!  I remember watching them off the Sheraton Kona.  They are so graceful and peaceful.


What is this?


Life at 15 Craigside is part of my day off.  They like to be nice to us, and in addition to delivering three meals/day during this pandemic, provide snacks and stuff.  We have ice cream Tuesdays, Manuahi (for free) Wednesdays, popcorn Thursdays and soup Saturdays:



Life around me as I crank out this posting goes on, and my water lily snails keep cleaning the aquarium...wow, window washer, something that does not appeal to me as a job:


My anthurium patch is doing well:


Such were my sweet nothings for my day off.  But what do I do for the rest of the day?
  • First, I'm soon off to see my podiatrist for a nice chat and toenail cutting.  I have great difficulty doing it myself and for a while paid $50 for a manicure/pedicure.  The arm and leg massages, plus pure relaxation, were appealing, but free is better than $50.
  • Then, lunch.  I called Orchids, and all Halekulani restaurants are closed until August.  That's almost a year from today.  So I might just swing by Rainbow Drive-in and pick up a bento.
  • I also need to to shore up my meal enhancement items, like fois gras, natto and things not provided in our daily deliveries.
My vacation from Trump and this coronavirus is going well.  I'm already enjoying my first day off since kindergarten.  You too have a nice day.

-


No comments: