Brazil is below average in Freedom of the Press with a rating of 44. The USA is pretty good at 17 and Turkmenistan is worst at 96. Scandinavia is uniformly free, with Finland #1 at 10. The Sheraton arranged for me to experience Sao Paulo from a journalist's point of view, led by Gil:
Our first sight was Hotel Unique, designed by Brazilian architect Ruy Otake:
Whose mother is Tomie responsible for:
and somehow was involved with:
There is a Japan Town, for there are more Japanese here than anywhere else than Japan:
I was then taken to a sprawling market, and saw for the first time in my life a natural cashew:
...which sits on top of a fruit (which returns tomorrow in my caipirinha). No, this is not a spoof or joke. This is real!
We passed by a number of impressive churches, most Roman Catholic, as for example:
I'd swear these were Jacaranda trees, but Gil said these purple flowers came in different colors:
and were called something else.
Brazil is known for biofuels, and here is a typical gas station display:
I'm not absolutely sure, but the ethanol price is $4.25/gallon, while the gasoline, regular, is about $6/gallon.
Not a great way to end a posting, but, walking around Sao Paulo, I noticed an interesting service for dog owners...
...a doo doo drop. Actually, into the evening I happen to have a drink and chat with two more journalists, Camila and Fabiano:
I can't safely state what these three journalist said, so let me stop here. My next meal at Mani will be monumental.
-







No comments:
Post a Comment