I've now been on the road for more than five weeks, and I had my first American breakfast this morning at the Park Hyatt Tokyo. Can you believe this:
was a $45 breakfast? A couple of weeks ago this would have cost $48, but the exchange rate changed from 80 yen/dollar to 84. The ham is the junk kind, and the egg over easy was hard. The Honolulu Rainbow Drive-in breakfast for a tenth the cost is more satisfying. Well, I'm on my way back to the Tokyo Westin, where their breakfast buffet is too, too extravagant.
I noticed that the Brent Spot price for petroleum is up to $127/barrel, while the NYMEX is at $113/barrel. When I started my trip on March 1, the price of oil was $97/barrel. Amazingly enough, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange has oil at $104/barrel in December of 2019. Yes, 2019! Haven't they heard of Peak Oil???
-
was a $45 breakfast? A couple of weeks ago this would have cost $48, but the exchange rate changed from 80 yen/dollar to 84. The ham is the junk kind, and the egg over easy was hard. The Honolulu Rainbow Drive-in breakfast for a tenth the cost is more satisfying. Well, I'm on my way back to the Tokyo Westin, where their breakfast buffet is too, too extravagant.
I noticed that the Brent Spot price for petroleum is up to $127/barrel, while the NYMEX is at $113/barrel. When I started my trip on March 1, the price of oil was $97/barrel. Amazingly enough, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange has oil at $104/barrel in December of 2019. Yes, 2019! Haven't they heard of Peak Oil???
-
No comments:
Post a Comment