Global solar electricity production represents only 0.5% of world generation, but look at this impressive growth:
Without question, Germany has been the top country:

A world solar insolation map:
As the data above reinforces, I can only wonder why those sub-optimal countries are so progressive, for I've traveled throughout Germany a dozen times, and there is not that much sunlight, mediocre wind regimes and a biomass supply that is mostly protected. Embarrasing, but in terms of total solar power capacity in MW per million people, the USA is way down there in position #20. Our solar incentives are undependable:
Japan, because of desperation is, perhaps, too haphazardly jumping into solar. Like Germany, the country is not well-endowed with the renewables, and I've always felt that the ocean was their only hope. Keep an eye on Bulgaria.
Why is Germany #1? According to Jennifer Runyon of Renewable Energy World, Germany:
-
Super Typhoon Vongfong went up to 180 MPH, but is now at 165, with gusts to 200 MPH:
Interesting that the predicted eye makes landfall over Miyazaki (where I will next month stay at the Sheraton Ocean Resort), then slide over Shikoku, currently projected to fly right over Osaka (where I will stay at the St. Regis), then Nagoya (yes, I'll be at the Westin), then Tokyo (again, another Westin). I guess the good news is that I'm still in Honolulu.
-
Global Solar Production in TWh (2003-2012)
All figures are in terrawatthours (TWh). The grey on top is the rest of the world.
GER
ITA
SPA
JAP
CHN
USA
FRA
AUS
CZE
BEL
ROW
2012
20
ROW
40
60
80
2003
2004
2005
2006
2007
2008
2009
2010
2011
2012
Without question, Germany has been the top country:

A world solar insolation map:
As the data above reinforces, I can only wonder why those sub-optimal countries are so progressive, for I've traveled throughout Germany a dozen times, and there is not that much sunlight, mediocre wind regimes and a biomass supply that is mostly protected. Embarrasing, but in terms of total solar power capacity in MW per million people, the USA is way down there in position #20. Our solar incentives are undependable:Japan, because of desperation is, perhaps, too haphazardly jumping into solar. Like Germany, the country is not well-endowed with the renewables, and I've always felt that the ocean was their only hope. Keep an eye on Bulgaria.
Why is Germany #1? According to Jennifer Runyon of Renewable Energy World, Germany:- thinks huge
- takes advantage of knowledge transfer
- has made peace with industry allies
- keeps eyes on the horizon
- has gone over the top
- but takes the road less traveled
- and has well considered unintended consequences.
- driven by citizens and communities
- creates new jobs
- keeps industrial base fit for a greener future
- regulation and open markets provide investment certainty and allow small business to compete with large corporations
- fighting climate change and phasing out nuclear power can be two sides of the same coin
- the solar shift also applies to transport and housing sectors
- transition is here to stay
- energy transition is affordable
I might further add that Germany will abandon all nuclear by 2022. Everyone expects the country to adjust this decision, but, so far, still on course.
-
Super Typhoon Vongfong went up to 180 MPH, but is now at 165, with gusts to 200 MPH:
Interesting that the predicted eye makes landfall over Miyazaki (where I will next month stay at the Sheraton Ocean Resort), then slide over Shikoku, currently projected to fly right over Osaka (where I will stay at the St. Regis), then Nagoya (yes, I'll be at the Westin), then Tokyo (again, another Westin). I guess the good news is that I'm still in Honolulu.
-




ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:
แสดงความคิดเห็น