จำนวนการดูหน้าเว็บรวม

วันอาทิตย์ที่ 13 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2552

THE PEARL FOUNDATION

[Yellow+Tree+5.jpg]

THE PEARL FOUNDATION


The Pearl Foundation was first mentioned in my blog of July 24 to honor my wife Pearl, specifically to plant at an ideal site, one or more yellow trees, depending on the funds received and cost. At this writing, a large number of friends have contributed, and a sum of approximately $6000 has been donated. I would like to provide special thanks to four individuals: Professor Tadashi Matsunaga and Dr. Youji Wachi of Japan, who each sent $500 and Joseph Vadus and Cliff Mclaine of the National Ocean Resources Technology Corporation, who provided a like amount. All four are closely involved with the Blue Revolution, chapter 4 of SIMPLE SOLUTIONS for Planet Earth.


There are several types of yellow trees, but the one she most loved is shown above. I’m not sure of the exact scientific name, but I’ll check with the Arbor Day Foundation or some local authority. If anyone has a clue, please let me know, particularly where saplings can be purchased.


I will also explore prospects for coordinating with the various government agencies to leverage this fund. I wonder if a golf course might be interested? Or would that be sacrilegious?


I will look into formation of a non-profit foundation, where, perhaps, your contribution might be tax deductible. I will inform you (on this e-mail list) should this occur.


Finally, I will form an advisory committee to follow-through on the above. Should anyone particularly want to serve, I would welcome your help.

-

Next week could be an exciting one for the stock market, as:


-- On Tuesday, the Commerce Department reports on August retail sales (hint: there will be almost a 2% rise, after a fall of 0.1% in July).


-- On Wednesday, the Consumer Price Index will show that inflation is increasing.


-- On Thursday, housing numbers should look better than July, but employment will probably not show any improvement.


-- It will be quadruple options expiration day on Friday, so there will be volatility.

-

There are no potential hurricanes in the East Pacific and Atlantic. In the West Pacific, Tropical Storm Choi-Wan should become a 100 MPH typhoon, but most likely will follow that standard pathway: angle for Japan, but make a right turn before doing any damage, heading north towards Alaska. I should be concerned because if there is no 90 degree adjustment, the storm could well be close to Tokyo when my plane lands at Narita in a week.

-

1 ความคิดเห็น:

Nancy กล่าวว่า...

Hi Pat:

I'll check with some contacts where a sapling can be obtained. Will let you know!!