Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

HAVE YOU EVER HAD A $100 JAPANESE BREAKFAST?



 Ranking of Four Seasons Hualalai?  According to U.S. News and World Report:
My breakfast at 15 Craigside is usually a small amount of cereal with fruits and milk, plus, sometimes some yogurt.  On mornings when I plan to walk 18 holes on a golf course, a typical combination is a more elaborate fried ahi (yellow-fin tuna) or ham, two eggs over easy on rice with tsukemono.  

Then, I have an apple on the course for lunch.  If I walk twice per week I can then eat and drink as much as I want for that week.

I usually have an annual stay at the Four Seasons Hualalai because it is one of my very favorite hotels.  Something about the spirit of the place is divine.

The tradition of elaborate breakfasts started eight years ago when I posted:

HAVE YOU EVER HAD A $60 JAPANESE BREAKFAST?

Then four years ago I said I had a $100 breakfast there.  But if you look closely at the meal, the value did not really reach $100.

This time I got very close to $100, for my room came with a credit up to $90 for breakfast.  Why $90?  Because their computer assumes there will be at least two people.  Having noticed this loophole previously, I ordered two full meals, plus a plate of local fruits:


I brought my own large can of beer and sake, which I warmed in the bathroom basin.  Many of you never had Starfruit (called Carambola elsewhere),  Longan (means Dragon Eye in Cantonese--the small Lychee) or Dragon Fruit (called Pitaya in Central and South America--the pink fruit, which has the texture of Kiwifruit).

It took me an hour and a half to maybe consume half this assortment.  During this 10 - 11:30 period I saw only one golfer make it to the 18th green in front of my room.  Food not totally wasted, though, for very shortly, a variety of birds came.  Hard to see, but there are at least four varieties.
This was an especially gratifying visit to the Big Island, mainly because it appears that I'm not yet totally obsolete.  At the ocean energy gathering, participants seem to genuinely be interested in my vision about the Blue Revolution.  This seed seems now more securely planted for the long term future of Planet Earth and Humanity.

Now, back to Honolulu.  As my plane took off, the Natural Energy of Laboratory Authority, the "land" bridge to a thousand 1000 MW floating cities of the year 2100:


Home sweet home:


-

No comments: